SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What have the Antifa protests done to tourism?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What have the Antifa protests done to tourism? Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Seattle has always been a tourist destination. There is more to see and do in the area than can done or seen in a normal lifetime.

It is silly to say that Seattle isn't a tourist destination, but this is pure hyperbole. A lifetime?

Yup. Guess the plan is that some tourists will be murdered by sundown.

Posts: 9147 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by keltoi:
Portland Seattle San Francisco

I think leftist policies, increased crime, the out of control homeless and street beggars, and the human excrement on sidewalks and streets has more to do with loss of tourism than does any Antifa protest.

There is NO QUESTION that had SF been as it was several years ago, I would be going there in the fall and would drop thousands during my stay staying at a fine hotel in the city. As it is, if you gave me free airfare, I would not go. It has GOT to be costing an extraordinary amount of money. Sadly, it will adversely affect those who are least at fault.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
quote:

I think leftist policies, increased crime, the out of control homeless and street beggars, and the human excrement on sidewalks and streets has more to do with loss of tourism than does any Antifa protest.

Yep.
And, Portland a tourist destination? Seattle? Please.

Seattle has always been a tourist destination. There is more to see and do in the area than can done or seen in a normal lifetime.

It is silly to say that Seattle isn't a tourist destination, but this is pure hyperbole. A lifetime?

I don't know if you noticed my saying the term "in the area". Within a 2 hour drive from city center you have fishing, clam digging, hunting, scuba diving, mountain climbing, water skiing, snow skiing etc. I could go on and on about the sights and activities available in "the area". No hyperbole at all Arc. If it wasn't for Seattle proper the area would a great place to live.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
We avoid that area when we travel. I don't want to have to run over any snowflakes. The paper work for that must be dreadful.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
quote:

Yup. Guess the plan is that some tourists will be murdered by sundown.

Well, if you're looking to get murdered, I'd suggest Baltimore, Washington DC, Chicago or Detroit. I'm not sure you can reliably be murdered in WA, unless you like horses.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I'm going to Portland soccer game next weekend with kids. Kid (40) says Lyft drives around hot spots.
Last time in PDX for a party, after the end, waiting for Lyft at around 11pm, nude hikers and bikers went right on by undisturbed and undisturbing. And it didn't totally hurt my eyes........

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:
quote:

You're 100% correct after I think about it... Antifa is just another straw on the camel. There are a lot of reasons we don't go back to Portland and you mentioned the most important issues the wife and I have.

There are some who will never understand that there are reasons why that lightning continues to strike the exact same places time and again.

Posts: 15025 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
everything worth seeing in and around Portland and Seattle can be seen on Google Earth and you don't get the smell

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:

Um, this isn't really satire....

quote:
In an Aug. 5 interview with The Oregonian about preparations for the event, which has been expected to draw a heavy out-of-state contingent of right-wing militants, PPB Chief Danielle Outlaw said that the Oregon National Guard might be part of the law enforcement response on Aug. 17.

link to quoted text... yes it's real...
https://www.wweek.com/news/201...-waterfront-protest/

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10909 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post