SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help me mount a TV to the back of my safe, maybe??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me mount a TV to the back of my safe, maybe?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Current Situation

Upgrading to a 32” (25lbs) TV as my monitor from the 19”. I would like to mount it to the back of the safe without putting holes in the safe. Any ideas?
I may end up doing a ceiling mount but drilling into the concrete ceiling will make a gigantic mess and I would have to redo that section of insulation that I would like to keep from doing.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
My first thought is adhesives. I can't make a specific recommendation, but there must be a suitable adhesive to attach a VESA mount to the back of the safe.

Edit: Look into "clickbond" products.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
If it doesn't weigh too much you can use UHB/VHB.

https://www.can-dotape.com/res..._what_you_must_know/

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Big magnet on a vesa bracket

https://www.amazon.com/Mount-L...02&s=gateway&sr=8-14

and

https://www.amazon.com/Master-...69&s=gateway&sr=8-10

edited to add: I thought you were gonna mount the 19" on the safe after upgrading to the 32.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mount the TV (or arm) to 3/4" MDF and place one of these in each corner.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001...ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
Big magnet on a vesa bracket

https://www.amazon.com/Mount-L...02&s=gateway&sr=8-14

and

https://www.amazon.com/Master-...69&s=gateway&sr=8-10

edited to add: I thought you were gonna mount the 19" on the safe after upgrading to the 32.

Excellent idea!
Thank you

————————————————

posted Hide Post
I was thinking something of a U shape jig that fits on top of the safe. Extends down, oh, 18 inches or so, about 6 inches wide. Not attached, the shape itself holds it on. VESA mount on one end.

But, since I also like magnets, try that first.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A magnet that powerful might not play well with electronics. I’d use an adhesive like JB Weld.

Posts: 987 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
3m acrylic adhesive VHB tape. Small sections hold body panels on cars. It’ll hold a monitor stand to the safe if you clean and prep with alcohol.

There are all kinds of VHB tape. Look for the gray or black foam with the red peel off liner. It’s the automotive stuff that works incredibly well.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Build a giant hook that hangs over the top of the safe.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaveL:
A magnet that powerful might not play well with electronics. I’d use an adhesive like JB Weld.

It might also start sucking all of your steel guns to the back of the safe! I would say a strong epoxy.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
I'd go magnet over adhesive here. If you glue or tape anything to your safe and took care to prep the surface correctly... when you remove it, years from now, don't expect your safes finish to be unscathed.

If defacing the safe is no issue, sure, an adhesive will certainly hold some serious weight if applied to a big enough surface area.

I would avoid mounting it to the safe however and mount to the structure of the house.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Some kind of line/wire from the ceiling??

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I’ll second the GE Iron Grip adhesive, but I had to order it from HD online.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I like the sound of something along the lines of what SigJacket or Aeteocles suggested. If it doesn't hold securely enough, you can always add some adhesive between the bracket and the top of the safe.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Since I generally work with wood, I'll offer this option. Build a 'cap' that fits sluggly on top of the safe, onto which you can continue to stack/store stuff. Whatever you use as the top of the cap should extend over, and screw or adhere to, the pieces wrapping the safe. For the back side where the TV will go, simply make it wide enough (extend low enough down the back of the safe) to allow for the installation of a VESA mount.

That solution should be quick and inexpensive, shouldn't interfere with your storage needs, won't mar your safe, and will be temporary, allowing you to easily change things around in the future.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

get the appropriate mount and wait for 24 hours for the E-6000 to cure.

do not know how a guy would clamp it too the safe though , while glue sets up

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'd fashion a hanger for it like you hang a basketball hoop on a doorway as a kid. See skillful illustration below. No way I would want to put adhesive on my safe and I can think of a number of concerns with magnets.

Another option, a hundred 3M command adhesive strips.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Since you're going to all this trouble, why not consider going bigger? Say, 46"? You won't regret it.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
Since you're going to all this trouble, why not consider going bigger? Say, 46"? You won't regret it.

I upgraded the TV in the home gym for the wife for Mother’s Day so I already have the 32” plus any larger would be overkill for that space.

————————————————