SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brisket cooks - step inside - need help smoking my first brisket Update with Pic's !!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brisket cooks - step inside - need help smoking my first brisket Update with Pic's !! Login/Join 
Picture of JasonATI
posted Hide Post
Thank you, what did I do wrong with the pic?

I have a brisket on right now finishing it like you said in a foil pan Smile

Posts: 429 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JasonATI:
Thank you, what did I do wrong with the pic?

I have a brisket on right now finishing it like you said in a foil pan Smile

Copy the url from where the picture is hosted.
In your window for posting in the forum in the upper right corner is a button that looks like a window. Click on it and it brings up a box where you can paste the url of the pic. Paste the url in the box, click ok and your pic should show up in your post.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Gotta say I always love these threads Smile

I have done some good pork BBQ (ribs, butt, etc) but never a briskest. Matter of fact I don't think I have ever even eaten beef brisket. It looks so good though.

Anyway, carry on with the pics and recipes!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/result...ket+smoke+university

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Matter of fact I don't think I have ever even eaten beef brisket.

While you may have never had smoked brisket (which is a crime in and of itself), I suspect you've most likely had brisket in some form or another. It's used to make deli meats like corned beef and pastrami, it's a common cut of beef used in many Asian dishes, and it is also commonly braised as a pot roast.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking of starting one off sous vide to get it up to a higher starting temp and THEN moving it to the smoker.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
My results are updated on Page 1, it worked !!!1

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
I'm thinking of starting one off sous vide to get it up to a higher starting temp and THEN moving it to the smoker.

I've done a bunch with my sous vide thingy since getting it in December. I'd definitely be up for trying it on a brisket at some point. Not been disappointed with results of the machine yet.

#####

sig229-SAS, looks delicious, hope it tastes as good as it looks!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonATI
posted Hide Post
Looks like it turned out great.

I mainly use course ground salt and pepper then just dust it with this Oakridge BBQ Black Ops.

You'll have to try the Black Ops its really good.

https://www.oakridgebbq.com/?p...lack-ops-brisket-rub

Posts: 429 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammer1967
posted Hide Post
Great info

If Jesus would have had a gun he would be alive today. Homer Simpson
“Him plenty dead” Tonto

Posts: 1090 | Location: TN | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
How often and how long to you add smoke chips?

Every hour for the first 4 hours? Every hour for the first 8 hours? Every hour?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:

Wood chips?!?! Get a rope!! Just funnin' ya. I burn wood all the way maybe somebody who uses chips can chime in with some better info.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Looks dangerous. I'd eat four pounds ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks REALLY good. I've never attempted brisket as I've always heard it's the toughest cut to get right. I stick to Pork butts and ribs and smoking fish. But need to venture out a little more.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Not overly difficult, though not as (nearly) fool-proof as pork butt.

It does take a bit of extra prep, trimming down the fat cap. And it takes longer on the smoker, since it's a bigger piece of meat. You also have to ensure you're slicing it properly, across the grain.

But there are a number of how-to guides online.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Looks tasty for sure. Two thumbs up.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mine is a pellet smoker, the auger brings in fresh pellets from the hopper continuously so the smoke never stops. The smoker flavor is just right with a nice smoke ring.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
quote:

Mine is a pellet smoker, the auger brings in fresh pellets from the hopper continuously so the smoke never stops. The smoker flavor is just right with a nice smoke ring.
Shaql, what are you cookin’ with? It’ll change our answer.

For example, I’m a BGE cooker so I always advise against chips. Instead, put a couple inches of lump in, put 4 or 5 chunks of hickory, put a couple inches of lump in, put 4 or 5 chunks of hickory, rinse & repeat until full, and then light your chrcoal from the top. As it burns it’ll hit hickory and I never have to lose heat to open to add chips/chunks.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Tagged for the upcoming smoking season. Thanks.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I keep seeing this thread and getting hungry for barbeque.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post