SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    St Louis MO pet friendly hotel recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

St Louis MO pet friendly hotel recommendations Login/Join 
Picture of barndg00
posted
My dad, myself and my dog will be traveling through St Louis in Oct on the way to SD. Simple overnight stay, will have guns for hunting. Planning on staying on the southern side of the city close to the interstate. Can anyone recommend a hotel in a decent area? Would prefer to stay close to I55, be able to leave quickly in the early am and miss the majority of traffic. Will be avoiding Illinois completely.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
The Drury Inn hotels are pet friendly. There is one in Arnold, just south of St. Louis on I-55.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Can't help with a specific hotel, a lot of folks use this website: https://www.bringfido.com/

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second the recommendation for Drury Inn. Have stayed in several of them over the years when traveling between IN and FL and they've all been fine and the cats and dogs had no issues. If they haven't changed their policies, I believe they also included a light dinner as well as breakfast as part of the room charge. It's been a number of years since my last visit, but I do recall getting food as part of the deal. YMMV, of course.

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
There's a Westin across from Busch Stadium downtown, and very close to I-55. Catch it on a non-game night, and it's 160ish to stay the night. Pets are welcome. Very nice for the $$.

I know this only because my usual haunt, the Holiday Inn Express down off Lindbergh (South County Center, they call it), wasn't quite as swanky as the wife likes it. For my daughter and I, we go the HIE route every time, per a fellow sigforumite's recommendation (KevinCW) for a safe stay. If they allow pets, that Holiday Inn Express is right by the I-55 corridor.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I don't have anything to contribute for hotel recommendations but do yourself a favor and get yourself some White Castle while you're there. Big Grin

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
There's a Westin across from Busch Stadium downtown, and very close to I-55. Catch it on a non-game night, and it's 160ish to stay the night.

Do NOT, under any circumstance, park a vehicle with out-of-state plates anywhere near St. Louis!

Drury is a great option as previously suggested. There are also a few pet friendly options in O'Fallon, MO near the intersection of I-64 and MO Hwy K.

If I were you I'd consider taking Hwy 61 north to 36 instead of I-70 if you were planning that. Road is much better and almost no traffic.

Posts: 113 | Registered: February 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I don't have anything to contribute for hotel recommendations but do yourself a favor and get yourself some White Castle while you're there. Big Grin

I wouldn't recommend that either. Have you ever tried pheasant hunting while walking tight-cheeked?

Posts: 113 | Registered: February 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Drury at Olive and 270 is nice. Lots of places to eat around Creve Couer as well. My wife and I stayed there with a 120# Pyrenes once, while we were moving into our house. The staff spoiled the dog too.

Ken S.

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lab-Kid:
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
There's a Westin across from Busch Stadium downtown, and very close to I-55. Catch it on a non-game night, and it's 160ish to stay the night.

Do NOT, under any circumstance, park a vehicle with out-of-state plates anywhere near St. Louis!

Drury is a great option as previously suggested. There are also a few pet friendly options in O'Fallon, MO near the intersection of I-64 and MO Hwy K.

If I were you I'd consider taking Hwy 61 north to 36 instead of I-70 if you were planning that. Road is much better and almost no traffic.

Like all major cities, there are of course "bad area's" in the downtown area. Cars with luggage that are parked in such areas with out of state plates can/will be targeted.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
LaQinta.

Ask for a pet friendly room.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
The Drury Inn hotels are pet friendly. There is one in Arnold, just south of St. Louis on I-55.

Another vote for the Drury Inn. There are several around town.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24110 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
I would do this if you want to be near I-55. There's no reason to continue on into the city and pay more for less. In Arnold you will be safe, have free parking, and have several different restaurants within view of the parking lot.

Posts: 3918 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^That's right. If it's just a bed for the night and you want to stay close to 55, this is a good plan.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

La Quinta inns are usually pet friendly.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post