SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Black professor on Tucker Carlson wants racial quotas
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black professor on Tucker Carlson wants racial quotas Login/Join 
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted
Saw it a little while ago. Carlson was talking about racial quotas at some west coast university. Old memory doesn't recall school name, but it was a big one.

He had a black professor on the show that was upset that there were so few blacks in the school because they could not qualify. Black "professor" wanted quotas for black students.

Same school applying extreme selection of Asian students where the numbers of such students was something like half what it was a couple years ago.

Talk about irony!!!!!!!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Well, then the NBA and NFL are over quota and > the excess have got to GO!. Eek

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
What a fucking moron. This is the type of idiot who is brain washing college kids. Do we wonder why they (the college kids) are becoming snowflake/libtard adults?

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
racial quotas = race based discrimination.

Qualified black people don't want to be perceived as an "affirmative action" hire.

Years ago, Walter Williams said: "Treat me like a white person!"

"During the first Reagan administration, I participated in a number of press conferences on either a book or article I’d written or as a panelist in a discussion of White House public policy. On occasion, when the question-and-answer session began, I’d tell the press, “You can treat me like a white person. Ask hard, penetrating questions.” The remark often brought uncomfortable laughter, but I was dead serious. If there is one general characteristic of white liberals, it’s their condescending and demeaning attitude toward blacks. Treat me like a white person!"

https://townhall.com/columnist...er-williams-n1621952

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I saw a discussion about admissions at Harvard with a black professor from U of Maryland. Is that what you’re referring to?

Posts: 13259 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I saw a discussion about admissions at Harvard with a black professor from U of Maryland. Is that what you’re referring to?

That’s the one I saw most of.

I kind of tune out when they offer statistics to prove their point. 63.7% of statistics are misleading and the rest are flat wrong.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

Hehe yeah! Put us short Asians with no jump skill in the NBA! We demand it.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

I believe so. Thanks for clarifying!

As I said, my short term memory is getting shorter term.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

Hehe yeah! Put us short Asians with no jump skill in the NBA! We demand it.

/sarc on
And what about the surplus of Long-Americans in that league. What's with that?

The only equitable solution is to set the rim height where 50% of Americans of all types can dunk.

Don't get me started on how women are underrepresented in prisons, either. Statistics don't lie - that's disparate impact, right there.
/sarc off

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too saw those interviews. The attorney suing Harvard claims that the percentage of Asian students being admitted has stayed the same even though the number of asians applying has increased significantly.

What Carlson didn't ask is what percentage of other races have applied vs being admitted. This was disingenuous on his part. How do we know there's a problem? If the other races have the same percentages of acceptance, whats the real issue?

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought that Tucker handed the black professor his head after he hemmed him into a corner and the prof didn't want to answer Tucker's questions. I enjoyed the end results.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Qualified black people don't want to be perceived as an "affirmative action" hire.

Many years ago were had a applicant apply who refused to state race on the application. He did not want any advantage or influence placed on the fact he was Black. Turned out to be one of the best people we ever hired.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
We tried that, didn't workout so well, did it?
I Want a bigger pecker and a higher IQ...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, why not a race based quota on welfare money.

Posts: 2541 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Quotas? Sure, I'll give you a quota. A nice round number too.

ZERO

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
They keep saying "quota." I'm not sure they know what that word actually means.

Posts: 2465 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Fuck it. Maybe we need to go all in on racial quotas so everyone can get a chance to see how all parties involved will ultimately NOT BENEFIT.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saw it a little while ago. Carlson was talking about racial quotas at some west coast university. Old memory doesn't recall school name, but it was a big one.

He had a black professor on the show that was upset that there were so few blacks in the school because they could not qualify. Black "professor" wanted quotas for black students.

IIRC, “quotas” are expressly prohibited by the CRA of 1964 and all subsequent amendments to it. To be sure, the federal government religiously tracks racial statistics, and Affirmative Action tap dances around quotas—almost comically. Speaking of comically, the Maryland prof did indeed seem to want quotas for admission into Harvard, but he couldn’t use the word. Maybe A.A. is yet another thing that either Trump or the current Supreme Court can relegate to the ash heap of history.

Posts: 13259 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
So Professor, you're saying these folks can't get entry based on merit?

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
So Professor, you're saying these folks can't get entry based on merit?

That is the silent racism of "Affirmative Action." White, pampered, NIMBY Liberals do things to prove to themselves they aren't racist, and by doing so, they prove they actually are.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post