SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody else not understand the appeal of costumes?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody else not understand the appeal of costumes? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Mmmm.... I've always had a thing for a hottie in a french maid outfit. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

But a costume for me... meh Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
"Give a man a mask, and he will become his true self."

"Now, Take off your mask." Skip to 6:20

https://youtu.be/9d3qFZdGnwo?t=6m20s

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Have some fun people.

But "fun" for me is not in a costume.

I have been to "costume parties", and they were fun, but I'm the spoil sport. I think the last "costume" I donned was as a Convention Attendee, basically wearing my street clothes with a name tag sticker.

Last time I was in a real Halloween costume was in the 6th grade. But please invite me to your costume parties so I can drink your booze Razz

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16677 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I swear some of you guys must be boring as fuck.
Well, if the choice is between what you call boring, and wearing a ballerina outfit for a month, I'll gladly take being called boring.

I put a ton of work into that outfit!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I hope my life never becomes so joyless that dressing up for Halloween isn't fun anymore.

I wasn’t aware my aversion to wearing costumes also means I have a joyless life.

Dang. I’m gonna have to ponder that and reconsider my choices!

Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Have some fun people.

But "fun" for me is not in a costume.

This by the bucketful... not sure where some of the comments are coming from. Didn’t think this would turn out to be a somewhat divisive topic.

I dont find constumes fun and they don’t appeal to me. That’s all. Was curious who else feels that way. I didn’t realize my life was devoid of all fun and joy because of that.

Posts: 6361 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Here is what I use to scare the kiddos- the parents enjoy seeing their kids freaking out as much as the kids themselves.

And with the flash-

And, my daughter following in my footsteps

And when adults are saying "that's really creepy!", you know it hits the mark Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post