SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heating oil question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heating oil question Login/Join 
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Your dad is doing great on consumption. Most homes are getting a fill every 4-5 weeks. I have been in the heating oil industry for 25 years,including as VP of ops for a very large dealer in Boston and now working with 600+ companies across the country. Feel free to reach out if you want to discuss further.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Mine was filled 12/24. Now down to half in a 2500 sf home, fairly new.

Lot of glass is uncovered at night is cooling the house.

275 gals in 9 weeks.... Not surprised they ran out. Apparently not on autofill.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Dont forget that depending on the age of the tank, there will be sludge at the bottom of the tank. Upwarda of 25 gallons.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5291 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
How long has your dad owned the house? Can he look back and see what the usage was in prior years.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4882 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I use 600 to 800 a year for my 1960sq ft forced hot air home.

275g (actually closer to 260 due to headspace allotment) over 2.5 months is pretty typical in my opinion.

*edited as my math was a bit off

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3351 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post