SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pot is legal Canada-wise today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pot is legal Canada-wise today Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It would be correct to say that marijuana attracts some people who have no ambitions to begin with, but the same can be said for alcohol. And what also can be said about both marijuana and alcohol is there are countless highly creative and motivated people who consume these substances.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

Yet another over generalization from the anti crowd. I have known plenty of highly intelligent, successful people who smoke pot on the weekends. I've also known plenty of lazy ass stoners. Every group is a mixed bag.

By what standard? I've never met any high-drive individual, who regularly became intoxicated on anything. And, other than pot, I've never met anyone who regularly becomes intoxicated, who attempts to claim that it doesn't affect thier productivity.

I've known high-drive individuals who've tried coke and meth, to see if it would improve performance, and I've known stone-cold brilliant men, who knew they were losing a fight with alcohol, but they knew damn well what liquor was costing them.

By the standard of logic. One data point (you) does not a conclusion make. That is why I tried my best to not call out a specific group, but merely said that variety exists in the pot community.

quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
When you talk to the folks that smoke it, there is a clear reduction in mental faculties.

Yet another over generalization from the anti crowd. I have known plenty of highly intelligent, successful people who smoke pot on the weekends. I've also known plenty of lazy ass stoners. Every group is a mixed bag.

In my line of work, I see the ones that overindulge. And what I see is exactly what I stated. I'm sure there are a lot of professionals that imbibe lightly, but they are not the ones that make it a lifestyle choice, get high all day, and go out and do what they please...like drive with everyone else.

I know the concept is offensive to advocates of legalization, but the everyday stoner is not your casual user. and yesterdays weed is nothing like the ridiculous strains being engineered today. My observations come from interactions with people that have trouble dredging up dates of birth, addresses, etc, and not from trying to employ deception.

I'll say it again- I don't know why such a smart group of people on this board seem to think that the weekend smoking professional that exercises responsibility constitutes the average stoner. They don't. It's funny how everyone thinks that all cops are antis- they are not. But until a definitive test besides drawing blood is found, I'm not a supporter.

While what you said is true, you did not originally say that. You referred to all folks who smoke pot.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
A friend of mine who travels to Colorado quite a bit told me that after the legalization of pot, he has yet to receive a food order correct at any restaurant, sit down or fast food.

This guy must have the worst luck then... I eat out constantly here in CO and it has been a couple years since they've got anything wrong, even in a McDonalds. If I go out to the east coast to visit family, it's much worse for eating out by far.

Living here hasn't changed much. I've met many folks who it has helped, an amputee, many with chronic health issues, cancer, migraines, and others. I'd say it's about 1/3rd are folks like that, and 2/3rd purely recreational. The worst thing is the pot tourists actually, some of them truly expect to be handed a joint for free when they get off the plan and then whine about the prices at the stores.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post