SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pot is legal Canada-wise today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pot is legal Canada-wise today Login/Join 
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Dorito's of Canada stock > up 47%

hahahha! Big Grin

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
How many net-new drinkers were there the day prohibition was lifted? Frankly, they just came out of the blackmarket/speakeasy into the light.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
A friend of mine who travels to Colorado quite a bit told me that after the legalization of pot, he has yet to receive a food order correct at any restaurant, sit down or fast food.

Your friend is likely full of shit. I've eaten three meals a day in CO since it became legal - many of them out at restaurants. Not seeing it.

It's a cute story, though. Kooky nonsense straight out of Reefer Madness.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Nice! Looking forward to the day it’s Federally legal in the US.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
3 different amendments on the ballot here this fall. I will bet at least one passes.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
When you talk to the folks that smoke it, there is a clear reduction in mental faculties.

Yet another over generalization from the anti crowd. I have known plenty of highly intelligent, successful people who smoke pot on the weekends. I've also known plenty of lazy ass stoners. Every group is a mixed bag.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:
When you talk to the folks that smoke it, there is a clear reduction in mental faculties.

Yet another over generalization from the anti crowd. I have known plenty of highly intelligent, successful people who smoke pot on the weekends. I've also known plenty of lazy ass stoners. Every group is a mixed bag.

I want to know how he knows all the people that he talked to with a clear mental faculty didn't smoke pot.

Posts: 3907 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ibanda:
Oklahoma is so conservative I thought it would be 1 of the last 5 states to legalize it. Medical was approved in the last election and they started issuing medical cards last month. I caught a big whiff of marijuana last night as I got out of my car in my driveway. Apparently I have a neighbor that just received their card. The times they are a changing...

Question exactly how long did you stay down wind in your driveway? Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
quote:

I want to know how he knows all the people that he talked to with a clear mental faculty didn't smoke pot.

True. I’ll bet most of us know a lot more smokers than we realize.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
quote:

By what standard? I've never met any high-drive individual, who regularly became intoxicated on anything. And, other than pot, I've never met anyone who regularly becomes intoxicated, who attempts to claim that it doesn't affect thier productivity.

I've known high-drive individuals who've tried coke and meth, to see if it would improve performance, and I've known stone-cold brilliant men, who knew they were losing a fight with alcohol, but they knew damn well what liquor was costing them.

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ More than 50% of the high drive people I know smoke weed here and there, as do the stone cold brilliant sorts. Use does not equal abuse, nor a problem. Too much water or aspirin will kill you more quickly than too much weed.

quote:
I’ll bet most of us know a lot more smokers than we realize.

I'd say.

Nova Scotia topped $660,000 in legal sales on Day 1 of legal wacky tobaccy from 12 stores.

quote:
from Wednesday’s 10 a.m. opening at its 12 cannabis retail locations across Nova Scotia until closing time, they conducted 12,810 transactions totalling just over $660,000.

Canadian source

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
A friend of mine who travels to Colorado quite a bit told me that after the legalization of pot, he has yet to receive a food order correct at any restaurant, sit down or fast food.

I have lived in Colorado since long before marijuana was legalized for recreational use, and I eat out a lot. I cannot remember ever receiving a food order that wasn’t correct. Perhaps it’s the type of restaurants I patronize, but they include several common fast food joints.

What I have learned to not like about legalized marijuana are the commercial grows. They’re supposed to contain the odor so it’s not detectable outside, but if no one enforces the ordinances, then the growers aren’t going to care.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Santa's going to love the cookies in Canada this year.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
States Where Marijuana Is Legal Are Experiencing More Car Crashes: IIHS

Coincidence, perhaps.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

In my line of work, I see the ones that overindulge. And what I see is exactly what I stated. I'm sure there are a lot of professionals that imbibe lightly, but they are not the ones that make it a lifestyle choice, get high all day, and go out and do what they please...like drive with everyone else.

I know the concept is offensive to advocates of legalization, but the everyday stoner is not your casual user. and yesterdays weed is nothing like the ridiculous strains being engineered today. My observations come from interactions with people that have trouble dredging up dates of birth, addresses, etc, and not from trying to employ deception.

I'll say it again- I don't know why such a smart group of people on this board seem to think that the weekend smoking professional that exercises responsibility constitutes the average stoner. They don't. It's funny how everyone thinks that all cops are antis- they are not. But until a definitive test besides drawing blood is found, I'm not a supporter.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15556 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Personally, I'm okay with the legalization of pot. One of the known side-effects is the haze-induced lack of ambition. That just means the job market just shrunk and the real motivated people won't have to compete with imagined "geniuses."

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Personally, I'm okay with the legalization of pot. One of the known side-effects is the haze-induced lack of ambition. That just means the job market just shrunk and the real motivated people won't have to compete with imagined "geniuses."

Yup. They can either be buying the burgers at the drive through, or flipping them and passing through the little window.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15556 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

Lol, man. Some of you guys have no clue.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The argument that marijuana saps one's ambition is so old, it has eighteen feet of dinosaur shit on top of it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107489 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
I was gonna address the ambition thing myself but ....you know.....I just didn't feel like it.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post