SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pot is legal Canada-wise today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pot is legal Canada-wise today Login/Join 
Picture of Steyn
posted
Bunch of hippies. I hate hippies.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Good. I hope it doesn’t take us much longer. I’m sure it won’t be too long before all of the data showing that their society didn’t implode comes out.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Oklahoma is so conservative I thought it would be 1 of the last 5 states to legalize it. Medical was approved in the last election and they started issuing medical cards last month. I caught a big whiff of marijuana last night as I got out of my car in my driveway. Apparently I have a neighbor that just received their card. The times they are a changing...

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1891 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Now an entire country full of them?

quote:
Originally posted by Steyn:
Bunch of hippies. I hate hippies.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Canucks Stoners! Eh?

Posts: 6473 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Good. I hope it doesn’t take us much longer. I’m sure it won’t be too long before all of the data showing that their society didn’t implode comes out.

It’s not a question of society imploding; it’s more of the next generation having less impetus to excel. And the argument that people are going to smoke it regardless of legality is flawed. More people will smoke it and limit themselves.

Modern high potency strains are practically narcotic in how they affect people. When you talk to the folks that smoke it, there is a clear reduction in mental faculties.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine who travels to Colorado quite a bit told me that after the legalization of pot, he has yet to receive a food order correct at any restaurant, sit down or fast food.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Link?

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Next thing you know, dancing will be legal everywhere.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Now Canadians can be legally stoned while having sex legally with animals.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
Link?

Here is one:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/1...is-legalization.html

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Dorito's of Canada stock > up 47%

Posts: 22908 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
Now Canadians can be legally stoned while having sex legally with animals.

Hide the white women and livestock, eh?

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great! *Maybe* there’ll be a giant sucking sound of the potheads from Colorado to the great white north.

I’m not holding my *cough, cough* breath, man.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/09/...in-american-markets/

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I heard they also legalized oral sex and ice cream on sundays.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
ice cream on sundays.

Freaking heathens.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I heard they also legalized oral sex and ice cream on Sundays.

Sounds fair as long as it's not at the same time. That could lead to a shrinkage issue.

"I was in the pool!!"

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Maybe finally all those apocalyptic scenarios the antis keep predicting will happen, and not just "They mess up the food orders!"

Nah, probably not.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I’m sure it won’t be too long before all of the data showing that their society didn’t implode comes out.
If Canada implodes it won't be because of legal pot. It'll be because they enthusiastically adopt every dumb ass idea (e.g. bring in unvetted refugees of supposedly Syrian origin by the planeload) that sends Europe further into the abyss. Even worse, due to their inferiority complex to the US they even decided to elect someone less qualified than 0bama.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
A friend of mine who travels to Colorado quite a bit told me that after the legalization of pot, he has yet to receive a food order correct at any restaurant, sit down or fast food.

Your friend is likely full of shit. I've eaten three meals a day in CO since it became legal - many of them out at restaurants. Not seeing it.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post