SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Climbing ladder in Austria
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Climbing ladder in Austria Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:
How many tries do I get for $5? How many to win big monkey?

I do not know how the put a line through something. But Wink

you mean "Sigmonkey" Fify

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19078 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd give it a try.

P229

Posts: 3807 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Triple helping of Nope here. I don't even go on my roof anymore. I felt my balls start to suck up into my abdomen watching that video.

Posts: 7239 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I would pucker so tight I wouldn't be able to lift my leg to the first step.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5679 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
One of the trails in Glacier NP , the Highline trail, has a section of fairly narrow trail, a few hundred feet above the ground, basically hewn out of the side of the cliff. There is a steel cable to hold onto.

I'm no fan of heights myself , but this past summer had to help walk a 30 yr old or so woman off the trail. She basically clung to me and another fellow as we slowly walked her back off.

She got half way across then froze.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I would pucker so tight I wouldn't be able to lift my leg to the first step.

I'd pucker so tight I couldn't get out of the taxi I took to the "departures" entrance at Dulles International Airport.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31346 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I don't have an irrational fear of heights, but I won't venture out on anything I think is unsafe, and that ladder would fit that category. Up in an airplane or the observation deck of a tall building--no problem--but I won't get near an edge if there's no guard rail and won't lean over one that's there; I'm not too keen on walking on glass plates in the floor if there's nothing under them but air, either.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why?!?!
There is no way I would do that.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd skip the climbing ladder but I'd like to do that trail in Glacier NP.

Link to Glacier NP --> http://www.hikinginglacier.com/highline-loop.htm

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
How'd they build that?

Such a simple thing, but in such a harsh place. Looks like an actual engineering feat to me, despite its simplicity.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
I'd skip the climbing ladder but I'd like to do that trail in Glacier NP.

Link to Glacier NP --> http://www.hikinginglacier.com/highline-loop.htm

Starts at the top of Logan Pass just off the parking lot for the visitors center. Parking is an issue. They do have shuttle buses though.

Takes you to Haystack Butte or all the way to Granite Chalet. One can hen go back down to the road on the Loop trail, or head back all the way to the Many Glacier hotel. With trails off of that one to several nice destinations. Many Glacier end known for lots of bears though. So often closed by late summer.

Do give it a try. GNP is a gem.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
NFW! My palms just made a small puddle on my desk. How do you get back down? No way I'd want to go backward down that ladder.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1357 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
As if the trip up isn't scary enough, I imagine the trip down is even more terrifying.

I was thinking the same thing.

I was about 20' up a ladder screwing in some new trim board last weekend wondering how people do that shit for a living. I'm glad I didn't buy a taller ladder

Posts: 17865 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post