SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Climbing ladder in Austria
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Climbing ladder in Austria Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
It took my breath away.

Huge ladder strung between two mountains looks like the real stairway to heaven

This huge ladder strung between two mountains looks like it could be the real stairway to heaven. The perilous climb in Gosaukamm, Upper Austria, sees brave daredevils scale the wobbly steps, made of steel and rope, while the top appears to reach into the clouds high above.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31346 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Nope, and hell nope, with a double side order of nope, smothered in nope sauce.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's taking via feratta to a whole new level.

Posts: 14537 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:

H&K-Guy

This. 2x.

Posts: 828 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I'd do it. Looks like a great view.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17228 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I don't even like being on my roof these days, a big noway from me.

Posts: 2674 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man.....if I could, I would. Freakin' awesome.

Posts: 17112 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
No way......but could you imagine getting to the half point and seeing "Made In China" stenciled on it. Eek

Posts: 3903 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
What he said. I am absolutely terrified of heights. My brain turns to strawberry jello and I cease to function.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30498 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I am absolutely terrified of heights. My brain turns to strawberry jello and I cease to function.

But you are a pilot...how do you get past it in the air?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
How many tries do I get for $5? How many to win big monkey?

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
I'd feel sorry for anyone below me. Razz

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I get woozy on new flip-flops until they compress a little from wear. So no, that's not for me.

Posts: 11302 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
If you ever read about some guy who made it a quarter up the ladder and then simply ‘hugged’ it waiting for someone to come rescue him....you’ll know I gave it a try.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12296 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I've been to that neck of the woods a lot and always wonder what it was like for the first few guys who actually built those things. They have some huge and very high-off-the-ground wooden observation decks that are meant to sway in the wind too. Those give me the heebeegeebees. Feels like an earthquake, but you're 100' off the ground, so there's nowhere to run to.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
What he said. I am absolutely terrified of heights. My brain turns to strawberry jello and I cease to function.

Me three! Last time I played with heights was in '94. Got up on the roof of my house to take down the antenna and tripod mount as we were moving out of state. Neighbor saw me weaving like a drunken sailor as I tried to move around up there and screamed for me to sit down. He came over, got both me and the gear off the house. Haven't toyed with such stupidity since. And this obviously pales in comparison with that lunatic ladder the OP posted a video of. OMG! Frown Frown Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16133 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
As if the trip up isn't scary enough, I imagine the trip down is even more terrifying.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't even get close to that ladder.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
One of the biggest nopes that ever noped.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29578 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post