SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Ford Dealers here? Need info for Expedition Max purchase.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Ford Dealers here? Need info for Expedition Max purchase. Login/Join 
Picture of barndg00
posted
So I've decided its time to get a bigger vehicle, much bigger, from my Audi wagon. After driving a few different large SUVs, I've decided on the new Ford Expedition Max. Boy these new cars are expensive, so if possible, I'd love some insider info on what would be a fair or even great price to pay.
Specs:
Ford Expedition Max, Limited.
4X4
302A equipment package.

Thanks!

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
I'm looking also but for the std size. For the Max I've seen msrp prices between 75 & low 80s. I'll be following this thread. Maybe a demo should be considered.

Btw there's a recall on some, maybe all, of the new Expeditions. Something to do with the car slipping out of park as I recall. If you're not in a hurry I'd wait a while. Let the bugs be ironed out first.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are waiting for our Expedition that we ordered in early February to arrive. I didn’t know there was a recall.

Looks like there are two FYI.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm confused. There are a ton of sites that will give you Ford's pricing and an idea of pricing. But if you are actually buying one just call/visit/fax/email 3-5 local dealers and you will get an idea of the actual price. There is no magic to this.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I wish I had the coin for a 2018 but I sure am digging the 2016 I got about a month back.

www.expeditionforum.com has been the best source of knowledge I have found so far. I am sure some folks there could help with 18 pricing.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
try truecar.com

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
So I've decided its time to get a bigger vehicle, much bigger, from my Audi wagon. After driving a few different large SUVs, I've decided on the new Ford Expedition Max. Boy these new cars are expensive, so if possible, I'd love some insider info on what would be a fair or even great price to pay.
Specs:
Ford Expedition Max, Limited.
4X4
302A equipment package.

Thanks!

My brother works at the Ford dealership that his gf's dad owns (5 Ford dealerships actually). The closest dealership they have to you is Alabama, but if you tell me the colors you want I can get you a very good price and you can use that to work off of local dealerships if you choose to do so. Almost all new standard limiteds that are at dealerships right now are being built with 301A, which I did NOT want because it comes with the panoramic glass roof and I live in South Florida. I am not sure about the MAX and if any are out there with 302A, because I have no interest in it and didn't look for 1 before I ordered mine. (I looked all over Florida for a limited with white platinum,ebony interior and no 301A before ordering mine a month ago).

I ordered a new limited (standard) with only the following options: white platinum paint, luggage rack (cargo package), LED headlamps, cargo mat. I ordered it March 14th and it has a delivery date of June 3rd!!!!! Sticker $65,490, invoice is $62102 before rebates. I get plan D which is below that.

Edited to add: I just looked and they show only 2 Limited MAX's between all 5 of their dealerships and they both have 301A and no 302A. Chances are you'll have to order it to get 302A and that they're not building them with that package yet just like they aren't building them with no 301A's. Their no haggle price is about $2500 below MSRP on them.

ROGB- the XLT starts out at $51,790 with cloth seats, but I quickly got it up to $60k with most normal options. Ford.com has a build section that you can pick and choose all of the options and it shows you the price.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Jimmy, that would be very kind of you to get me a price. My preference is Ruby red with the medium stone interior, though I'm negotiable on exterior color, but no black interior.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
Jimmy, that would be very kind of you to get me a price. My preference is Ruby red with the medium stone interior, though I'm negotiable on exterior color, but no black interior.

They only have those 2 in stock. But I'll see what a ruby red/ med stone 4x4, 302A limited max is going to run.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I’m pitting a few dealers around me for pricing as well.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I really dislike the Max designation. I know that is what they have called the Candian ELs for awhile.
I just prefer EL.

I hear Max and think of the Malabu Maxx hatchback abomination thing.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I really dislike the Max designation. I know that is what they have called the Candian ELs for awhile.
I just prefer EL.

I hear Max and think of the Malabu Maxx hatchback abomination thing.

Agreed, and will remove any "Max" badge from the vehicle. EL was much better, like the Yukon XL.