SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In today's lesson of "Don't do this" [...NSFW... NSFW... NSFW...]
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In today's lesson of "Don't do this" [...NSFW... NSFW... NSFW...] Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
NSFW... NSFW... NSFW...

Zip ahead to 2:15 and watch carefully.

My conservative guesstimates are
(1) the refrigerator was 50 yards away, and
(2) the door covered that distance in no more than 2 seconds.

50 yards * 3 feet/yard * ½ seconds * 3600 seconds/hour * 1 mile/5280 feet = 51.1 miles per hour.

And that is a conservative estimate.

That door would have killed him if it hit him.

It might have killed him (~50% change of lethality) even if it hit the tree first.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Future Darwin Award winner?

I never understood the fascination with doing stuff like this. I get it if one is experimenting and testing for some application. But just for fun? I don't get it.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Another one for the "Why women live longer than men" book.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Like that time FPS Russia blew up a truck only he was closer with a much closer call.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/-7ixVmBxYJU

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hold my beer and watch this.

They sell tannerite in gun stores here in California. But it's illegal to mix and use. I'm conflicted about it. If somebody wants to remove themselves from the gene pool that's their right. Setting public land on fire and leaving scraps of appliances all over the place is not cool though.

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Idiot,

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The greenskeeper at that golf course is gonna be pissed

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Assuming flight time was 1 second from blast to shooter, it was moving roughly 102.3mph. 1/2 second = 204mph. Eek

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1903 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Stupid ass youtube pulled the vid. Whad I miss?

Posts: 5140 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Stupid ass youtube pulled the vid. Whad I miss?

Overkill binary exploding target in a fridge at stupid close range.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
As I once heard,

"If you can see the explosion, the explosion can see you."

I saw the video elsewhere. Dude is very lucky.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Here's a montage of his "close calls"

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT44eYyArS4

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Proven to be a green screen

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Original video went dead.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Proven to be a green screen

What's proven to be a green screen? All his videos are? Seriously?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of punch out
posted Hide Post

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail...ropriatebronzegelada

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We are more concerned with American Idol than we are with American Security and freedom..."

Posts: 3830 | Location: Land of the Prius... | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We need to start a "Dead Pool".

Everyone toss in $20 and pick a date when you think he blows himself up real good. Winner(s) take all.

With this one, it's not a matter of "if", it's a matter of "when".

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8346 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
New video up:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/c9SZWma_zdk

I have a former coworker who was shooting the .22LR version of tannerite. It fell off the target so he went downrange and picked it up. It blew up in his hand and mangled his hand.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23257 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
Original video removed from youtube apparently.

James

quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
NSFW... NSFW... NSFW...

Zip ahead to 2:15 and watch carefully.

My conservative guesstimates are
(1) the refrigerator was 50 yards away, and
(2) the door covered that distance in no more than 2 seconds.

50 yards * 3 feet/yard * ½ seconds * 3600 seconds/hour * 1 mile/5280 feet = 51.1 miles per hour.

And that is a conservative estimate.

That door would have killed him if it hit him.

It might have killed him (~50% change of lethality) even if it hit the tree first.

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Can't find it now, but I watched a video of some knucklehead shooting a tannerite filed lawnmower that sent shrapnel back and severed the shooter's leg.......now that's a pant load of fun right there.

ETA: found it. NSFW NSFW

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post