SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommendations for TV Soundbar system
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for TV Soundbar system Login/Join 
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
Two thumbs up for Samsung!! Perfect pairing for our smart tv!! How did we watch without it? Great units!

I second this. Samsung TV and Samsung sound bar.

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I've found they integrate better if you match the sound bar brand to the TV brand.

This is my experience as well. If you don't need the best of the best, much easier when dealing with the same manufacturer.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Sonos here too. Works great with my TV and since Sonos is connected via WiFi, I can also stream music from computers on my local network and through the Sonos app ... any Internet radio station or Internet music service. Haven't turned my older home stereo system on since picking up the Sonos 5.1 package several months ago.

I positioned the sub behind a couch and between the rear surrounds that are on pedestals. The sub is completely out of sight and actually sounds better than when near the TV and soundbar. Of course I used Sonos TruePlay feature to automatically tune Sonos to the room for better balanced sound.

EDIT: The Sonos system is pricey for someone like me on a fixed income. With Sonos 5.1 and surround stands, as well as TV stand I needed for my 55" TV, the cost came to $2,032. I used PayPal credit to spread the cost out over 12 interest free payments. The system was exactly what I've been looking for, for several years, to play both TV and streamed music. Very happy with it.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I just went through this. New Sony 75" 4k TV and nice matching sound bar with wireless sub. Really easy and clean look.
I really wanted it to work. It didn't. The sound was, well it was just "OK". Not that I'm an audiophile or used to a good system it just didn't impress me.

The dealer took the bar back and gave full credit for it. I bit the bullet and bought a Sony receiver and some very nice Klipsch speakers. I ran the wires under the floor myself to set up a 5.1 system, the dealer came and tuned it. Went from about 350 watts to about 1000, now I'm happy!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I've found they integrate better if you match the sound bar brand to the TV brand.

Solid tip.

To the OP: A soundbar by itself, is going to improve your audio just by the nature of how flat-screen speakers are set-up. For ease of shopping, Costco has improved their selection of 3.1 and 5.1 audio packages. Amazon and Crutchfield for a more extensive selection.

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't recommend a polk with wireless sub-woofer. I have one, or rather have a sound bar with no sub as the sub went out on my just over a year after I bought it.

It sounds like this is fairly common and is the PC board in the sub. I contacted Polk about a replacement and they offered to sell me a new board for about half what I paid for the whole setup...

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post