SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RIP John Heard
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP John Heard Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...eard-dead-at-72.html

John Heard, the actor best known for his role as the dad in the original “Home Alone” movies, died on Friday, July 21. He was 72.

According to TMZ, he was found in a hotel in Palo Alto, California by the maid service and was pronounced dead at the scene after police were called.

The Santa Clara County medical examiner's office confirmed his death.

“I can confirm that our officers responded with the fire department to a hotel in our city yesterday on a report of a person in need of medical aid,” a spokesperson from the Palo Alto Police Department told People. “The person was determined to be deceased. While still under investigation, the death is not considered suspicious at this time.”

The Emmy nominee had undergone minor back surgery earlier this week and was said to be recovering at the hotel. Heard's cause of death has not been immediately released.

Besides “Home Alone,” Heard appeared in dozens of movies and shows like “Big,” “Awakenings,” “The Pelican Brief” and “The Sopranos.”

Heard had three marriages including one to actress Margot Kidder. He is survived by three children including one with former partner Academy Award-winning actress Melissa Leo.

He was arrested in 1991 and charged with third-degree assault for allegedly slapping Leo. In 1997 he was found guilty of trespassing Leo’s Baltimore home.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always liked him. First thing I saw him in was Cutter and Bone, also known as Cutter's Way. He was on actor's holiday and was terrific. R.I.P.

Posts: 2692 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Always liked him. I served him lunch once when I was waiting tables in college. He was cool.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
“The person was determined to be deceased."

Is that an industry term? Da' heck.

Anyway, I will always remember him from the movie Big. It was the first movie that I remember seeing him in.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Detective Vin Makazian on the Sopranos was my favorite part he had and he played it to the T.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbrYZmNx6mI

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsLOeYoG2S8

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Had to look him up, had him confused with John Hurt.

Who, unfortunately, is also gone.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I'm shocked that he was 72.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize he was 72, either. I always enjoyed his work.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
He was great in The Sopranos, always felt a little bad for him the way Tony treated his character.

He did a good job playing the asshole in Big.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

He did a good job playing the asshole in Big.

Haha, yeah, he was such a prick. His character was great.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/U1_ZEL0ehkE

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I liked him in Cat People.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
RIP. I always get him confused with William Hurt, but I always got it figured out. These guys that we always considered average age are starting to take the last train west.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
He was very good in The Sopranos.

RIP.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
RIP, remember him from the Miami Vice episode "One way ticket" where Crocket hits the range for some "therapy".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
RIP. I always get him confused with William Hurt, but I always got it figured out...

Throw in John Hurt (who died a few months ago) and I got real confused.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post