SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DART Train Mob Beating Attack Video in Dallas
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DART Train Mob Beating Attack Video in Dallas Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Remember, it;s your word against there's.

Assume there were verbal taunts but they never laid a hand on him. He pulls a gun, aims but doesn't shoot. The miscreants scram, but call the cops on him (seems unlikely but could happen.) Cops find him. The one of him says he was threatened and acted accordingly. The seven of them say that they "didn't do nuffin'" and the guy just pulled a gun. The one thing that they all agree on is that a gun came out. This is in a liberal, minority majority city. Do you think the DA wouldn't be inclined to press assault, brandishing, or whatever charges might fit the situation? What happens at trial?

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Until they attack him, he has no legal justification
Not sure that you are correct about this, although it probably depends on the jurisdiction. If threatened by clearly superior numbers, would the victim be able to state, truthfully, that he was in fear for his life or his safety?

You were guilty from the word "gun" in your scenario. The semantics matter not. "Liberal City" is the key. In the free world, it is your word against theirs, and guess what? They aren't real good character witnesses because guaranteed they all have paper.

Plus, as soon as the roaches scatter, you're going to call 911 to report what happened. It's not like you're going to pull your gun, they scatter, and then you just go on with your day like nothing happened.

As CPD said, its time for good people to stop living in fear.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Remember, it;s your word against there's.

Assume there were verbal taunts but they never laid a hand on him. He pulls a gun, aims but doesn't shoot. The miscreants scram, but call the cops on him (seems unlikely but could happen.) Cops find him. The one of him says he was threatened and acted accordingly. The seven of them say that they "didn't do nuffin'" and the guy just pulled a gun. The one thing that they all agree on is that a gun came out. This is in a liberal, minority majority city. Do you think the DA wouldn't be inclined to press assault, brandishing, or whatever charges might fit the situation? What happens at trial?

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Until they attack him, he has no legal justification
Not sure that you are correct about this, although it probably depends on the jurisdiction. If threatened by clearly superior numbers, would the victim be able to state, truthfully, that he was in fear for his life or his safety?

You were guilty from the word "gun" in your scenario. The semantics matter not. "Liberal City" is the key. In the free world, it is your word against theirs, and guess what? They aren't real good character witnesses because guaranteed they all have paper.

Plus, as soon as the roaches scatter, you're going to call 911 to report what happened. It's not like you're going to pull your gun, they scatter, and then you just go on with your day like nothing happened.

As CPD said, its time for good people to stop living in fear.

Makes a guy want his own body cam.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Very much so.....

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draal:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

Where at?
My Dad was at 82nd & Anthony.
Mom was 82nd & Colfax, Grandfathers store was on the corner of 83rd & Saganaw. He closed the store about '75-'76 ish.

I grew up my grade school days on 84th and Marquette (mid to late 70's). St. Mary Magdalene Church was across the street and there was a drug store on the corner. On the East side, I was on 104th and Ave. J.

Small friggin' world!

Small friggin' world indeed.

St Mary Magdalene was where my Mother went to grade school. (Looooong before you were there in the '70s)

My Grandfather owned the mom & pop grocery store / butcher shop on 83rd & Saganaw. Honest Joe Mokry. There was Novacks bakery, there was a bank, can't remember who owned that...
Small world...

You gotta be a hoot where you are now! Being a conservative gun owner and all out there! Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

IIRC, this scenario is very similar to what happened to one of our forum members.
In Philly.
Came down to who called it in first. He miscalculated what they would do, let them go, and they dropped the first dime.
Big stink with the cops, seized guns, legal fees, etc.
They made his life miserable for well over a year.
And he's a lawyer.
Yeah, you may be right but you'd better play your hand extremely well when the time comes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
^
Yeah, I remember that. It was Replacement Tommel.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
^
Yeah, I remember that. It was Replacement Tommel.

Yup. Seems like a hundred years ago, doesn't it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Deleted about 7 different posts....

Eventually there will be a time where enough of the silent majority stops being silent.... then being given a criminal will stop being cool...

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Deleted about 7 different posts....

Eventually there will be a time where enough of the silent majority stops being silent.... then being given a criminal will stop being cool...

Hmmmmmm, I'm seeing a central theme from all the cops here...........

I wonder if it is because we all know exactly how bad it has become, where others only think they do?

www.opspectraining.com

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Isn't the rule never pull a gun unless you are going to use it?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if it is because we all know exactly how bad it has become, where others only think they do?

You referred earlier to Colin Flaherty. He has done about all any journalist could possibly do to get the story out about black-on-white violence. But, still, not many Americans know his work. The MSM has done a monumental job of ignoring and even suppressing the story. I'm not a regular Rush listener, but has he even touched it? The fear of being called "racist" shuts everybody up.

To me, the real story of the DART train mob is how common this kind of thing is-- everywhere in the country. And Flaherty has shown that they are growing in frequency and in scale. There have been huge "flash mobs" in cities like Chicago and Philly targeting whites who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:Hmmmmmm, I'm seeing a central theme from all the cops here...........

Very possibly. I think the overwhelming majority of us already avoid going to places where trouble lurks so we don't see what you do. I'm also thinking that most of these incidents tend to occur in or near the heart of liberalism. Any gun owner deciding to walk into that (not to provoke, but willing to respond to a threat) is going to be facing a hostile political environment in which to sort through the legal system.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:

You referred earlier to Colin Flaherty. He has done about all any journalist could possibly do to get the story out about black-on-white violence. But, still, not many Americans know his work. The MSM has done a monumental job of ignoring and even suppressing the story. I'm not a regular Rush listener, but has he even touched it? The fear of being called "racist" shuts everybody up.

To me, the real story of the DART train mob is how common this kind of thing is-- everywhere in the country. And Flaherty has shown that they are growing in frequency and in scale. There have been huge "flash mobs" in cities like Chicago and Philly targeting whites who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I've known it for years. I chose to avoid it since any other act would 'racist'. Now with the new PC standard of micro aggression it appears avoiding anti white violence is racist too. No matter. We escaped to a Hamlet where all are equal and generally polite. If and when the thug culture finds us again, I'll deal with it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:Hmmmmmm, I'm seeing a central theme from all the cops here...........

Very possibly. I think the overwhelming majority of us already avoid going to places where trouble lurks so we don't see what you do. I'm also thinking that most of these incidents tend to occur in or near the heart of liberalism. Any gun owner deciding to walk into that (not to provoke, but willing to respond to a threat) is going to be facing a hostile political environment in which to sort through the legal system.

Again, I think that the political response will be that of where you live. If you live in a liberal area, you were screwed at the word "gun". Around here if a single person is jumped and beaten by a mob of seven, tries to get away, is followed by the mob and continually beaten, and he/she shoots and kills one or two, there won't even be charges. Well, aside from the assault charges to those who are left standing that did the beating.

Juries around here won't stand for this type of behavior, and neither will LE or the courts.

www.opspectraining.com

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:

Actually, that was CPD that brought up Flaherty. I'm actually guilty of only listening to his stuff in passing. I've heard Rush, Mark Levin, and Hannity all talk about the subject on their radio shows. Thugs come in many races. I'm not advocating violence towards anyone. I'm not advocating vigilantism. But, there comes a time to where enough is enough and the beatings have to stop, by self defense if necessary. Good people need to be able to go about their day without living in fear. Fear of the beatings, and fear of what may happen to themselves if they stand up.

The cops on this board stand with everyone who thinks self defense is a fundamental right. I will speak for the rest of the guys here in that.

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of Draal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

Small friggin' world indeed.

St Mary Magdalene was where my Mother went to grade school. (Looooong before you were there in the '70s)

My Grandfather owned the mom & pop grocery store / butcher shop on 83rd & Saganaw. Honest Joe Mokry. There was Novacks bakery, there was a bank, can't remember who owned that...
Small world...

You gotta be a hoot where you are now! Being a conservative gun owner and all out there! Wink

Yep. I remember that grocery store and when it changed owners. Another thread derail: I spent early years until 4th grade a few feet down from that grocery store. Right next to Saginaw Liquors, was a bakery. We had lived in the apartment upstairs.

LOL yes, I stick out like a sore thumb here in Oak Park. Maybe it's the Primary Arms camo baseball cap...

And regards to public transportation and this thread: I can picture a similar beatdown on the Blue Line or Green Line. Amazing how a concealed carrier is not allowed to carry on public transportation (I guess you can go into FOID Carry mode but I tend to just avoid the trains altogether).

Hopefully moving in a year or so.

Posts: 164 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: July 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
1) Dart allows concealed or open carry on their system.

quote:
CARRYING ON A DART VEHICLE
Customers can still carry a handgun when riding DART. However, if someone is carrying openly, bus or rail operators may stop the vehicle and call for DART Police. The law allows a police officer to request the license holder's driver's license or government-issued identification along with the holder's handgun license.

Customers carrying concealed handguns should experience no changes unless the handgun becomes visible. If that happens the police may be called to investigate.

Link to page

2) Depending upon the train, it may not have been possible for the victim to move to another car.
From the video, it appears that he definitely could not have moved to a car in front as the door is clearly visible at one point.

3) jjones, I agree wholeheartedly with what you have stated in your posts.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Fucking savages. Can't call them animals because most animals are above that kind of behavior.
Too bad that the victim was not packing heat.

I think they would have killed him with it. There's no way to know for sure of course, but 7 on 1 is not good odds. He may have gotten off a shot or two before the rest of them overwhelmed him and took it from him.

I believe if he had been CCWing he would be fine. Cowards, cockroaches, and the like always scurry and run away when they have been made. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Isn't the rule never pull a gun unless you are going to use it?

Here it should be "Never use a gun until you pull it"

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post