SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DART Train Mob Beating Attack Video in Dallas
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DART Train Mob Beating Attack Video in Dallas Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's a difference. BART wouldn't disclose the video, as it would be racist.

Wasn't this video a private citizen on DART, so in fact, it wasn't released by DART....

The better option would have been to move to another car, regardless if the 7 were wrong to be smoking anything at all.

Not much different than the reaction at Chick-Fil-A, gang up, scream, act dangerous, reasonable folks will back up.

They'll meet their Paul Kersey soon enough

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Fucking savages. Can't call them animals because most animals are above that kind of behavior.
Too bad that the victim was not packing heat.

I think they would have killed him with it. There's no way to know for sure of course, but 7 on 1 is not good odds. He may have gotten off a shot or two before the rest of them overwhelmed him and took it from him.

Your assessment seems to be counting on the fact that all seven were wolves. All I saw was seven coyotes. Scroungers with confidence because they travel in packs. You dump the first one and the rest will scatter. They have been empowered for the last eight years that this type of behavior is acceptable. Not only acceptable, but encouraged as everybody owes them something. Encouraged because the criminal justice system fears them. Completely acceptable.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
All I saw was seven coyotes. Scroungers with confidence because they travel in packs. You dump the first one and the rest will scatter. They have been empowered for the last eight years that this type of behavior is acceptable.

You're probably right.
But I wouldn't have wanted to confront them. As has been previously mentioned, I would have probably just moved to a different car rather than ask them to stop smoking weed. There was really nothing to be gained by it.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I would probably have gotten off at the next stop, reported them to the DART cops, and taken the next train.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Not to absolve the mob but, in terms of inner city survival, never ask a question to which you don't know what the answer will be or you won't like what the answer will be.

"Hey, can you stop smoking marijuana?"

Didn't he have the ability to move to a different car on the train?

Therein lies the problem.

For far too long, decent people have been "moving to a different car". Some people are getting a little sick of this bullshit. I used to patrol the East Side of Chicago, South Shore neighborhood, South Chicago, Stony Island Park... The neighborhoods where my Mom and Dad were raised. The neighborhood where my Grandfather had a corner butcher shop. The neighborhood where, even being in the middle of a city, you could still keep your doors unlocked, and not worry.

Now? A fucking war zone. I snow-plow in the winter, we have the account for the church where my Mother, Grandmother and Great Grandmother went. I don't go without a spare magazine.

Why? Because people "moved to a different car". I can tell you about 30 neighborhoods & suburbs just like that. And that's just here, in Chicago. What about other Cities? How many more there?

(normal)People are generally non-confrontational, and don't want a disturbance, an argument more or less a physical interaction with another human. So what's the best course of action? "Move to a different car". Until you have no where else to move to... Then there's this fight or flight thing. Hopefully one knows how to fight.

The last dickhead we had in the Oval Office did nothing but foster this lawless attitude amongst the savages. More people need to start waking up and standing up to this bullshit! YES!!! By all means read and watch ANYTHING by Colin Flaherty. Start connecting the dots that the liberal media glosses over; ie. the same thing happens all over the country, and the news (for some odd reason) puts out a vague description of the offenders... but omits race. It's getting pretty bad when someone gets the shit beat out of them for asking a question as simple as "Can you act like a normal member of society?" in public, and no one does a damn thing but film it on a stupid cell phone.

Again, more and more decent people need to start standing up to this savagery from a certain segment of society, and stop "moving to a different car". It does nothing but embolden them when you move. When it happens to be the next Bernie Geotz / Paul Kersey, so be it... I'm in for $50 for his on-line fund. If it happens here, and I ever cross paths with him, I swear that he was the FASTEST SOB I ever had to chase! Quick hands too! He took all my ammo from me before he got away. Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^CPD, you and I really need to get together and break bread..........

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Fucking savages. Can't call them animals because most animals are above that kind of behavior.

I think they would have killed him with it. There's no way to know for sure of course, but 7 on 1 is not good odds. He may have gotten off a shot or two before the rest of them overwhelmed him and took it from him.

I don't agree. I've seen a mob (blacks) run away when a shot gun was fired over their heads.

Not even savage animals want to get shot.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Not to absolve the mob but, in terms of inner city survival, never ask a question to which you don't know what the answer will be or you won't like what the answer will be.

"Hey, can you stop smoking marijuana?"

Didn't he have the ability to move to a different car on the train?

For far too long, decent people have been "moving to a different car". Some people are getting a little sick of this bullshit. I used to patrol the East Side of Chicago, South Shore neighborhood, South Chicago, Stony Island Park... The neighborhoods where my Mom and Dad were raised. The neighborhood where my Grandfather had a corner butcher shop. The neighborhood where, even being in the middle of a city, you could still keep your doors unlocked, and not worry.

Now? A fucking war zone. I snow-plow in the winter, we have the account for the church where my Mother, Grandmother and Great Grandmother went. I don't go without a spare magazine.

Why? Because people "moved to a different car". I can tell you about 30 neighborhoods & suburbs just like that. And that's just here, in Chicago. What about other Cities? How many more there?

(normal)People are generally non-confrontational, and don't want a disturbance, an argument more or less a physical interaction with another human. So what's the best course of action? "Move to a different car". Until you have no where else to move to... Then there's this fight or flight thing. Hopefully one knows how to fight.

The last dickhead we had in the Oval Office did nothing but foster this lawless attitude amongst the savages. More people need to start waking up and standing up to this bullshit! YES!!! By all means read and watch ANYTHING by Colin Flaherty. Start connecting the dots that the liberal media glosses over; ie. the same thing happens all over the country, and the news (for some odd reason) puts out a vague description of the offenders... but omits race. It's getting pretty bad when someone gets the shit beat out of them for asking a question as simple as "Can you act like a normal member of society?" in public, and no one does a damn thing but film it on a stupid cell phone.

Again, more and more decent people need to start standing up to this savagery from a certain segment of society, and stop "moving to a different car". It does nothing but embolden them when you move. When it happens to be the next Bernie Geotz / Paul Kersey, so be it... I'm in for $50 for his on-line fund. If it happens here, and I ever cross paths with him, I swear that he was the FASTEST SOB I ever had to chase! Quick hands too! He took all my ammo from me before he got away. Wink

You're confusing the issue / situation and what I said. The video shows what happens when you don't know the answer or you won't like what the answer will be. He got beat up. Is getting beat up the answer? I really don't think that's what you're saying right?

Let's talk real practical terms here. If you can come out relatively victorious without killing anyone or being killed yourself, then by all means, stand your ground. If you have the means to kill one or two of the opposing parties and have the time and resources to tie yourself up in the judicial system, then by all means, stand your ground.

Don't you believe in the adage of picking your battles or are you just venting your frustration? Faced with a high probability of an unpleasant situation for myself, you bet I'm going to move to another car if I can. I don't wear a cape with an S on my chest.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Draal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

I grew up in South Chicago in the 70's and then the East Side during my late teen's. My parents still live there and the ol' man works for the city and nearing retirement.

Yes, my old town is a war zone.

Posts: 164 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: July 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
I see a Death Wish reboot in The Lair:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5100082824

Hopefully Life will immitate Art and people will be inspired to take care of the problem.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4578 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I do not condone what was done, at all, but what did they think would happen...?

And I must disagree, what this society needs more of is Minding Your Own Business, and Shutting The Fuck Up.

Dude should have kept his trap shut. Policing such things isn't his job, role, or otherwise.

What they did is still wrong, of course, but he brought it on himself to an equal degree.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I do not condone what was done, at all, but what did they think would happen...?

And I must disagree, what this society needs more of is Minding Your Own Business, and Shutting The Fuck Up.

Dude should have kept his trap shut. Policing such things isn't his job, role, or otherwise.

What they did is still wrong, of course, but he brought it on himself to an equal degree.

Rebuttal:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke"

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4578 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
At some point someone has to call "bullshit". It ain't gonna' be easy and it may be painful. However, unless someone has the balls to call bad people out, we are fucked as a society, and the thugs win.

Yeah, I know discretion is the better part of valor, but damn it sometimes you just have to say WTF?

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
A large GROUP of nondescript vigilantes need to bait some of these animals and smoke their asses then just leave the scene before any authorities arrive.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draal:

I grew up in South Chicago in the 70's and then the East Side during my late teen's. My parents still live there and the ol' man works for the city and nearing retirement.

Yes, my old town is a war zone.

Where at?
My Dad was at 82nd & Anthony.
Mom was 82nd & Colfax, Grandfathers store was on the corner of 83rd & Saganaw. He closed the store about '75-'76 ish.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We lived off 79th & Greenwood, Grand Crossing Park. Used to walk to the Avalon Theater off Stony.I think the el Rukins took it over in the 70's.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Yeah, I know discretion is the better part of valor

You probably don't even have to worry about that quote, as it was said by a character in a Shakespeare play who was a coward.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16354 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Finding the
sweet spot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
quote:

I don't agree. I've seen a mob (blacks) run away when a shot gun was fired over their heads.

Not even savage animals want to get shot.

When I was a kid in my little town of 80,000, I had a retired Marine Gunnery Sergeant on my paper route. He was a really awesome guy, I loved talking to him.

One day He started talking about mobs and riots. He took a long drag on his cigarette, looked me in the eyes and said, "Son, if you ever have to fight a mob, kill the first two who cross you. When they realize you'll fight back, and kill to protect yourself, the rest will lose interest and scatter like roaches."

I always hear those words when I see an unruly crowd.

Sean

------------------------------------------
Just because you can, doesn't mean
you should.

Posts: 963 | Location: KCMO | Registered: September 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're confusing the issue / situation and what I said. The video shows what happens when you don't know the answer or you won't like what the answer will be. He got beat up. Is getting beat up the answer? I really don't think that's what you're saying right?

Let's talk real practical terms here. If you can come out relatively victorious without killing anyone or being killed yourself, then by all means, stand your ground. If you have the means to kill one or two of the opposing parties and have the time and resources to tie yourself up in the judicial system, then by all means, stand your ground.

Don't you believe in the adage of picking your battles or are you just venting your frustration? Faced with a high probability of an unpleasant situation for myself, you bet I'm going to move to another car if I can. I don't wear a cape with an S on my chest.

Im sick of having to move to the next car. I have a job (a few, actually), pay taxes, responsible, feed my family, try to teach my kids the right thing, and have them grow to be productive members of society. So are about 90% of the people out there. Yet, WE are the ones that should move to the next car? Because a bunch of fucking savages refuse to act like normal human beings?

I completely understand what you're saying about pick & choose our battles. I've been in a few less than desirable situations, and had my ass beat more than a few times. Is it really worth getting into a fight with 2, 3, 4, + savages? Who knows what they have? A sock with a lock in in, a bottle, mace/pepper spray, a knife, a gun, a few knives, a few guns... again, BT/DT. Unless you're a real BAD MOFO, 1 on 2, 3, 4... you're on the loosing end of a serious beat down.

I'm a cop in downtown Chicago now. I, after 17 or so years decided to leave the ghetto, seems like the ghetto found me. On a constant basis there are little mobs of savages acting like savages downtown. 3, 4, 5, 6 + little fucks doing this exact same shit that these assholes do. A mob of them run into a store like a swarm of locusts and steal armloads of stuff, then run off. A few years ago, we caught a bunch of them after they beat a 50ish Mother and her 23ish daughter on the train with socks with a padlock in them. Why? Because the daughter asked them to stop smoking weed on the train because she had asthma. Swarm 1 or 2 people and beat them as they rob them. Last summer, the savages chased a woman into Lake Shore Drive where she was hit and killed.

Is getting your ass beat the answer? Im going with no. But damn... Got to stand up sometime. Once isn't going to do it. Until decent people start standing up and DOING SOMETHING, it's going to continue.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
^^^CPD, you and I really need to get together and break bread..........

Just a few questions:
When?
Where?
Beer, Bourbon or both?