SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DART Train Mob Beating Attack Video in Dallas
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DART Train Mob Beating Attack Video in Dallas Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
A group of five males and two females violently attacked and beat a Dallas DART train passenger because he asked them to stop smoking marijuana.

The video, which was filmed on a cell phone and disseminated on social media, shows the man being punched and kicked. He tries to leave the train, but the mob of attackers follows him outside to continue the attack.

Link with video

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Fucking savages. Can't call them animals because most animals are above that kind of behavior.

Too bad that the victim was not packing heat.

Where is Bernie Goetz when you need him?

One of the comments in the linked article quotes 2 Timothy 3. I am not really familiar with the New Testament, but the quote certainly seems appropriate.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Yep, as PARA noted yesterday in one of his threads, you know exactly what you're going to see when you watch the associated video. Simply savages masquerading as humans.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Check out Colin Flaherty's books and vids on YouTube. You will find literally thousands of episodes of similar shit.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't need to click the link to know this is fake news and a doctored video intended to inflame the neo-fascists.

Marijuana doesn't make people violent...

Roll Eyes -sarcasm btw...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Well there's a case for hi-cap magazines

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I guess those good folks missed the memo about how marijuana mellows you out. This business of people bipeds going ape-shit when they don't get their way, and there being no consequences, has got to stop.

Fixed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arfmel,

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ch23701
posted Hide Post
Too bad they can't put this much energy in to finding a friggin job!!

Posts: 257 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: September 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
This business of people going ape-shit when they don't get their way, and there being no consequences, has got to stop.

People? I didn't see any humans involved. Frown

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Yep mass transit is great, they can cause this shit all over the city, get on it go somewhere else, cause more shit, and kick the crap out of someone else as a bonus. Makes you understand why some malls will not allow mass transit.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Not to absolve the mob but, in terms of inner city survival, never ask a question to which you don't know what the answer will be or you won't like what the answer will be.

"Hey, can you stop smoking marijuana?"

Didn't he have the ability to move to a different car on the train?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Right after a kid was thrown between the train and a platform and killed (for his iPad) a few years ago, I seem to recall seeing something that indicated to me that DART had put in place a supposedly valid prohibition for carrying on DART transport. I remember telling my wife to expect me to be packing if I ever had the unfortunate need to utilize their services in the future. I actively avoid this in much the same fashion and gusto with which I avoid the Bubonic plague.

I have yet to ascertain if their prohibition is valid or not. Outside of courthouses and sporting events, it is generally not legal to prohibit firearms in a publicly funded building that's not federal. Many cities post them anyway, doubtless thinking that no one will challenge it. Or possibly, to force a challenge, or whatever.

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I always tell myself not to get involved in a situation like that. It would be extremely hard for me not to, even knowing seven on two aren't good odds. When I'm on Metro I'm always unarmed as I usually going to Caps game or show in the city.

These "people" don't deserve to exist. I wish a passenger ventilated a couple of them.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
The actions of the group of assailants is bad enough, but the way the article reports said assault is enough to make me PUKE!

I seem to note a striking similarity in one or more facts in this Dallas incident and the BART incident recently in the Bay Area... Can't quite place my finger on it though... Mad

What is laughingly called Journalism today is wrong/deceptive and corrupt.

It is made even worse when, as in the case of the BART incident, the true situation is disguised in an effort to have the public think, "Everything is fine here, no need to worry about my safety on the train."

This country is circling the bowl unless there are some fundamental changes made.

God help us!
Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsmack:
The actions of the group of assailants is bad enough, but the way the article reports said assault is enough to make me PUKE!

I seem to note a striking similarity in one or more facts in this Dallas incident and the BART incident recently in the Bay Area... Can't quite place my finger on it though... Mad...

There's a difference. BART wouldn't disclose the video, as it would be racist.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
This business of people going ape-shit when they don't get their way, and there being no consequences, has got to stop.

People? I didn't see any humans involved. Frown

I don't call them people either.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Didn't he have the ability to move to a different car on the train?

True. He also has the ability not to use Dart or any public transportation. If has has the money, he has the ability to move away from areas where this type of behavior takes place.
Imagine how empowered this group would feel if people vacated the car they were in. Likely the group would then move to another car and passengers would have the ability to move again.
V-tail mentioned Bernie Geotz. I'm beginning to this we're not that far away from a reoccurrence.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
V-tail mentioned Bernie Geotz. I'm beginning to this we're not that far away from a reoccurrence.

Charles Bronson's character had the same idea a few decades ago.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fucking savages. Can't call them animals because most animals are above that kind of behavior.

I think they would have killed him with it. There's no way to know for sure of course, but 7 on 1 is not good odds. He may have gotten off a shot or two before the rest of them overwhelmed him and took it from him.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post