SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Price of TV's way down today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price of TV's way down today Login/Join 
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted
I was in Sams today and saw Samsung 65 inch tvs for less than 1000, vizio/lg 70 inches were around 800-900.
Same thing at Target, most tvs were 200 off.

So if your shopping might want to give them a look

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
CIA/NSA alphabet snooping special perhaps.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I was paid with a 65" LG tv for installing a stove/microwave and mounting up the guy's new 75".

They are like Zimbabwe dollars at the moment.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
They have been that way for a while on the slower 60hz versions. The price doubles for the faster versions.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Yeah I've seen some 55" 4ks for around $400 lately. What I'm waiting for is the price of the OLED tvs to drop.

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I remember the first TV my wife and I purchased in 1972 was a 19" RCA color and IIRC it was over $600, we really wanted a "big screen" but that 27" model was way out of our price range Razz...

I just bought a Samsung 32" 1080P (I needed this size, anything larger would not fit the location Frown) for $239 from Costco...

I think I gave close to $700 for the 42" Samsung we are still using as the main TV back in 2010...it's still rocking along.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Sam's has a 65" 4K Hisense for $578 that blows me away. Great picture, good enough sound and more features than I'll ever use. 4 year warranty, too.

Hisense 65" Class 4K Smart TV - 65CU6200

roduct:1:3" target="_blank">https://www.samsclub.com/sams/...088-elecRazzroduct:1:3

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
finally got a sound bar so I can hear the dam 39" made in Mexico samsung Roll Eyes

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
finally got a sound bar so I can hear the dam 39" made in Mexico samsung Roll Eyes

What did you get? I'm thinking of getting one for the 46" in the rec room.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those looking for a good sound bar take a look at Boston Acoustics.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
I still can't wrap my head around paying $1000 or more for a TV. I'll stick to my $200 32" 1080 tv with 120 refresh rate. The picture is more than good enough for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Jimbo, I would not put Samsung at the top of the list. A mistake I made based on history. We got ours at Costco for $300. I figured it was made in Japan. Got it home set up. Watched it for a few weeks and then started to think what is going on with this thing. Just did not seem up to the standards that Samsung was known for. I have another that is similar. Older and better.

Started really looking it over and oh , made in mexico. Well there you go. So like many things. I am done with them too.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I think there may either a glut of product out there or:
Some are watching inventory as technology is changing fast.
OLED
HDMI versions
security concerns with smart TV's

~ all a factor in TV development and they don't want to get stuck with too much old technology.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:

What did you get? I'm thinking of getting one for the 46" in the rec room.

Jim
My family room TV is a LG, and I negotiated the salesman including the matching LG sound bar w/ blue tooth sub for free. My bedroom TV is a Samsung, and I bought a Samsung w/ blue tooth sub.

My Dad bought a Vizio with speakers on the back, and he had the volume turned up to ludicrous levels to bounce the sound off the wall behind it. I bought him the matching Vizio for Christmas, and the rest of the house is so much quieter because the sound is directed at his recliner.

Overall, I prefer the LG for sound quality, remote compatability, and functionality.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
There is a fair amount of misinformation on tv spec's and standards. Prices are not relative.

Not much 4k content available for the latest TV's.

The picture quality is going to be directly proportional to the source.

Some new TV's come with good picture out of the box, but most can be greatly improved with manually calibrating it for your environment.

Cheers~

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
Yeah I've seen some 55" 4ks for around $400 lately. What I'm waiting for is the price of the OLED tvs to drop.

And when they do, you'll be waiting for the next technology to drop in price.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jimbo, I would not put Samsung at the top of the list. A mistake I made based on history. We got ours at Costco for $300. I figured it was made in Japan.

Samsung is Korean. Why would you think they were made in Japan?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
TV's are essentially throw-away devices now and the prices are low so that they can sell you the more expensive peripherals for a home entertainment system

a friend of mine owns Audio Video Therapy in NH and his profit margin on tv's is about 6% but on components its about 25%

the tv's get them in the door

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:

And when they do, you'll be waiting for the next technology to drop in price.

Probably. I'm usually a few models behind the curve.

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just took a look at a couple of manufacturer's sites - they are reflecting price discounts as well.

My guess is that the new models will be coming out in the next few months.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post