SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UV tattoo, anyone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UV tattoo, anyone? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Please tell me about it.
My nephew is a tattoo artist with no particular type interest and I just watched Blindspot and thought UV ink might give him an edge.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
The wife and step-daughter want to get matching ones, if that helps.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I think they're cool.

But have no first hand experience with UV inks.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I dont get the point? You cant see them, right? Or would you carry a light around?

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Maybe if I was a carny working the scary mansion attraction...

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It's been a long time since I looked into it, back then it was a bit of a niche thing with raver types so many artists didn't stock or work with the ink. I also remember reading that the inks can induce a bad reaction with some people that don't react to normal ink. The other thing I read that put me off was that the ink tended not to last very long, and had a tendency to look blotchy. Anymore, all of that may have changed.

* Edit - Looks like the quality of inks have improved quite a bit, they even have a variety of colors now. I say go for it, it's only stocking another type of ink to set him slightly apart from the crowd, so it's not like a huge investment.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
I dont get the point? You cant see them, right? Or would you carry a light around?

Only at the raves.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
How about invisible ink? It doesn't show up under any kind of light. Only you and God know it's there.

A crypto-tat.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post