SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Supplier Pricing?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Supplier Pricing? Login/Join 
posted
Anybody know of a website I can use to see the supplier price for a vehicle? Interested in GM & Ford trucks and the 18 Tacoma's. It's provided as a perk of my job, but I'd like to have the information in hand before seeing a dealer.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you mean by supplier pricing exactly? Go to edmunds and look up the invoice price (price with options) with ford X plan is 3% over invoice, not sure on the other makes

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.gmfamilyfirst.com for GM vehicles.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
The supplier pricing discount depends on your company, and your hr department should be able to give you the code that’s required to log into the various websites.

Myself and a friend work for different companies that both get the discounts, and shopping side by side, I got nearly a thousand bucks more in discounts than he did on the exact same vehicles.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Make sure you also understand the market for the vehicle you’re looking for as well. 4% below invoice or whatever your discount may be might seem generous until you realize that the going price for what you’re looking at is being negotiated down $12,000 below invoice on average.

The dealer may love you walking in with your supplier pricing discount because he doesn’t have to work for your deal and can keep any dealer cash that might be on the table rather than negotiate it over to you. I’ve seen it happen, forewarned is forearmed and you want to get the best deal not just a good deal.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't speak to the Toyota but the domestic brand supplier pricing is a joke. You'll do better on your own.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
for ours, you have to log in through a 3rd party employee discount site (perkspot, I think it is), then that will like you to the various OEM sites. You can see the discount on local inventory and/or build your preferred model.

Take LBAR15s advise. At least with the supplier pricing, you know the MAX you are going to pay. They update the pricing often, but it doesn't keep up with the market, especially model-year endings & other big sales (such as now)

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
It is VIN specific. You can email me with the GM VIN's if you like.

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Next to impossible to do with all the various dealer incentives involved. One could think they made a killing buying well under invoice while the dealer laughed all the way to the bank. Try emailing for their internet price. I has happily surprised when I did that when we bought our 2014 Accord.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the info.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Ford is by far the easiest. I've bought 3 f-150's now through their program. Get a partner number from your employer, go to the Ford partner website, login with the number and your able to search dealer inventory, view X-Plan pricing and do a build and price all on the website. You can look at pricing and incentives on their website and get a ballpark figure but usually the dealer has access to more incentive information than is on their website.

I've bought 2 vehicles with the GM Supplier Plan and it is more of a PITA. It's not possible to get their supplier pricing from the website, you have to contact the dealership. Two years ago I looked at the Silverado and Sierra when I bought my F-150. The inherent bullshit of their system was one of the reasons I went with the F-150.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBAR15:
Make sure you also understand the market for the vehicle you’re looking for as well. 4% below invoice or whatever your discount may be might seem generous until you realize that the going price for what you’re looking at is being negotiated down $12,000 below invoice on average.

The dealer may love you walking in with your supplier pricing discount because he doesn’t have to work for your deal and can keep any dealer cash that might be on the table rather than negotiate it over to you. I’ve seen it happen, forewarned is forearmed and you want to get the best deal not just a good deal.

This is simply untrue.

The only way a dealer sells a car much below invoice is if there are factory incentives (rebates), for example you can get around $7,000 in rebates on a 2017 Ford Expedition, so yes if they sold one at invoice and with the rebates it would be 13,000 below sticker.....

BUT the rebates still apply if you use one of the plans. With Ford X plan is an ok deal.....it's 3% above invoice (yes you could potentially negotiate a better deal at end of year without it) but X plan usually gives you better financing terms.......

BUT if you have A or D plan (3% BELOW INVOICE), someone (direct family member) has to work for the factory or dealership to get a A or D pin you will almost never negotiate a better deal without it. All rebates still apply with all plans.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
A few years back a friend gave me a X Plan pin for a Ford. The dealer was more than happy to give me that pricing. He showed me the X plan price on the paperwork. But he also told me he could beat the price. I've bought a few cars from them and the deal was better than the X plan with no bs add on fees for titles or licensing. A flat $75 for all the paperwork.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post