SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Said I was giving LE one last shot and meant it
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Said I was giving LE one last shot and meant it Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Maybe they are afraid that a Captain/almost-Major is too high ranking to start as a new recruit and patrolman.

They could be fearful that you won't take orders well or be resentful of a superior who is less old or experienced than you.

This is, potentially, a legitimate concern. Employers have had problems with over-qualified applicants.

I'm not saying they are right, but it is something they can be legitimately worried about.

This is an astute point.

They could be concerned you will get hired - get 2 yrs experience - then leave.
An astute point in a department run by quality leaders and management, perhaps. That unfortunately is not the case with the OCSO. Demmings is a dimwit of almost immeasurable proportions, and he and his key managers only see in one color. This agency will very soon be staffed on the street by a large majority of junior, inexperienced, officers which does not bode well for the community they're tasked to support.

And let us not forget that Jerry Demmings' wife, Val Demmings, who was hired for a short period as the chief of the Orlando Police Dept based on the color of her skin (and is now a congresswoman in Washington for the same reason) was the moron who left her service weapon in a gym bag on the front seat of her unlocked city provided vehicle, only to have it stolen. These are not even remotely bright people who through the wonderful world of PC and the Peter Principle now get to showcase their stupidity on a larger stage while ruining other peoples lives.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post