SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Court: Probe found over 300 'predator priests' in 6 dioceses
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Court: Probe found over 300 'predator priests' in 6 dioceses Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you want to tax all religious and charitable organizations on every dollar donated to them?

lets see 5% of a billion dollars donated annually

seems like we could pay off a few bills with 5o million dollars, so yeah

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Child abusers/molesters/rapists deserve the death penalty. And, I don't care what positions they hold in society.

Agreed 100%!

nope,,

bind their wrist to their knees, or ankles if they can bend that far, ,

then release bound up into the general population of a supermax prison,

have the guards take a smoke break,

if they survive more than a few days, castrate and release them again

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
quote:
Do you want to tax all religious and charitable organizations on every dollar donated to them?

lets see 5% of a billion dollars donated annually

seems like we could pay off a few bills with 5o million dollars, so yeah

I'd probably be OK with that idea if it actually paid off the national debt. But it won't.
What great works will be done with that 50 million dollars? More welfare for the free-shit army?

I actually prefer charity (voluntary) over entitlements.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23944 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Klavan: The Enemy Is In The Church
August 15, 2018

Andrew Klavan gave his thoughts on the latest sexual abuse scandal within the Catholic Church, where a grand jury report released on August 14 revealed that over 300 priests were involved. On Wednesday's episode of "The Andrew Klavan Show," Klavan asked why Pope Francis isn't cleaning this up.

“The enemy is not the editorialist who goes off in outrage against the Catholic Church. The enemy is not me when I say these things. The enemy is the devil who is in your church, he is in your church, this has got to be pulled up root and branch. I mean it shouldn't be, you know, God bless Joshua Shapiro the AG in Philadelphia for the work he's doing, but it shouldn't be a guy named Shapiro who's doing this work, it should be a guy in the church, your Pope should be doing this.”

Video and transcript below:

My first reaction to this latest Catholic abuse scandal in Pennsylvania was: Now I know why Pope Francis is against the death penalty, he can't afford to lose that many priests. To read the details – and I'm not gonna go into the horrific details, although I am gonna talk about what those details mean a little bit – this is just an absolutely blistering report by a grand jury.

Good job to Joshua Shapiro, a liberal Democrat I hate to say it, but he did a great job and the grand jury – you could just tell their hearts were bleeding as they talked about this. This is over 300 priests they found with over a thousand victims, and those are just the ones that they really felt they had the goods on, they said there are probably thousands of victims all throughout Pennsylvania – six counties I think it was.

The story is basically this, that priests were grooming, raping these children, mostly boys but some girls as well, and the diocese and the bishops had developed an actual system for how to cover this up. Seventy years, a lifetime this went on.

So whenever these horrific stories come out, the question that I ask myself is how do we speak about this usefully without devolving into virtue signaling outrage, because people spend time trying to find words to express the evil of it and trying to say how horrible it is, and really underlying that is just our desperate desire to communicate to one another that we are not these people, that we are the righteous. That's why we just want to express the outrage and describe this in the worst terms we can possibly come up with. Of course, there are no terms, there are no words for something like this, and I'm not righteous – that's the other thing, that no one is righteous, not one, and I'm not righteous and I'm not trying to signal to you that I am a righteous person. But I think we all know what this is, we all know this is satanic evil, we all know that this is the depths of evil.

I believe the Nicene Creed – I believe in one Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, and in the Nicene Creed that word Catholic means "universal," it means that there's one church covering us all. But I don't believe that the Roman Catholic Church necessarily is that Church. There was a time in the West when the Roman Catholic Church was that Church, if you were part of Christendom you were part of the Roman Catholic Church, with the Protestant Reformation that changed, there was a splintering of churches and this hostility still goes on, we still have conversations here where the Catholics and the Protestants are fighting with each other.

I never care about those conversations. Why? Because I just want to get to Jesus. If you get to Jesus with the Catholic Church, if another person gets to Jesus through the Lutheran Church, great. But I will tell you this – Catholics are always telling me, jokingly – they are the one true church. I don't believe that, but I do believe when they call it the "Mother Church," that it is the mother church.

All the other churches come from the Catholic Church and the most anti-Catholic theologian I know, who's probably our god-King Jeremy – is a Catholic. He doesn't know it, but he's a Catholic. He's really arguing at the fringes of Catholicism. It is really Catholicism that explained and created the structure of Christianity, Western Christianity as we know it, and all the other churches came out of rebelling against that. In the same way you can rebel against your mom, you still come out of your mom, and the Catholic Church remains the Catholic Church, and that makes it the mother of churches and that makes it all of our business. That is why we all pay attention to the Pope, that is why we all have a stake in what happens there.

When you look at what happened in these Pennsylvania things, it had the stamp of true satanic evil. I studied the Holocaust a long time just trying to understand it as a Jew, just trying to know what that was about, and there are certain things, a certain touch, that the devil has that just marks these things. It has to do with wit in a way, it has to do with a kind of evil wit.

I always say I'm somebody who doesn't take a lot of things seriously, I make a lot of jokes about a lot of things and I always say: "Everything in life is funny except other people's suffering." The reason I say that is because we're all joking at the world's corruption, we're all joking at the terrible things that people do, and why is that funny? It's funny for the same reason it's funny to see a guy in a tuxedo slip on a banana peel. We all know we're supposed to be something better than we are, and when we see a politician taking money and selling services, when we see people abusing each other, there's something funny about watching somebody who should be an angel descending into corruption.

But when you're laughing at that, you're laughing along with God, because God is looking at this thing and saying: "Oh man, it's right here for you, all the good stuff is right here for you and you're going that way," and there's something comical about that. But when you look at it from the other side, and you look at the people who are being hurt by that corruption, you look at the people who are being hurt by that cruelty, you're looking at the people who get hurt, it stops being funny, right? That's when you're not laughing with God, that's another kind of laughter, and there's something about the way these priests abused these children that had kind of a wit to it, a kind of invention to it that is always to me the mark of evil, the mark of true genuine evil...

...When you can look at the Catholic Church, and say that this is what it is, that the mother of churches is this, that disgraces the word of God. I won't say it, let Jesus say it: "What sorrow awaits you, you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees, hypocrites. For you shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. You won't go in yourselves, and you won't let others enter either. What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees, hypocrites, for you cross land and sea to make one convert, and then you turn that person into twice the child of hell you are yourselves."

All these innocent priests, Rod Dreher was a good Catholic writer, he's been on the show. He put up a list of tweets from a Father Phillip Devous, he says: "I've given my whole life to serving Christ in his church since beginning the seminary in 1994. Every year has brought fresh revelations of the darkest corruption along with criminal moral perversion coupled to unbelievable levels of incompetence. Then I read the papers and catch the evening news and I see Cardinals and bishops that I know for a fact are lying with impunity, deploying weasel words and fake emotions."

I mean that's what I see too when I see them coming out and saying this stuff. You know, I hear "the Pope said the latest silly thing that he said that has nothing to do with Catholic law" and I think: "Why aren't you cleaning this up?"

So, here's the thing, I get into debates with Catholics sometimes and they're very good at arguing and, they've got 2,000 years of doing it. I hear them say things like "well there are more child abusers in the teaching profession, or just as many in the teaching profession as in the Catholic Church" or whatever they say. That doesn't wash.

If you are stopping people, if you are closing the door to the kingdom of heaven, you are committing a sin against the spirit that is immense, and if you're the mother of churches it affects us all, it bleeds down unto us all.

So, the enemy is not the editorialist who goes off in outrage against the Catholic Church. The enemy is not me when I say these things. The enemy is the devil who is in your church, he is in your church, this has got to be pulled up root and branch. I mean it shouldn't be, you know, God bless Joshua Shapiro the AG in Philadelphia for the work he's doing, but it shouldn't be a guy named Shapiro who's doing this work, it should be a guy in the church, your Pope should be doing this.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...my-church-daily-wire

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23944 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the pious Catholic Church has been hiding these rapists and molesters forever.

Time for a house cleaning, top to bottom, while eliminating any and all financial benefits the are currently allowed under the law.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

They should be taxed like any other business or entity.

No special favors for a "charity" that hides rapists and molesters for decades. To me that is more of a crime syndicate of pedophiles and sexual deviants.

But but but -"That would hurt the Church and all the good things it does."

Seems to me the Church has more important things to do.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RHINOWSO,

Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I was raised catholic. I was an altar boy. For my grandparents who raised 5 kids through the depression and sent two off for WW II...the church was a great blessing. The priest that married my wife and I did more to help the poor than anyone - and we were poor and married in general mass on Dec 31st because the church still had flowers from Christmas.

Many many positives.

But I and my family are no longer part of the church. Their position on so many issues is unconscionable. For every priest like the one I knew, there are 3 others that are a-holes or worse. But worst of all - the handling and continued feigned ignorance of child abusers is not Christian. Those people deserve the worse punishment and the church should root them out - it does not.

I promised to raise my kids in church when married - I will not and have not. A broken promise because of a broken trust. I believe the church is beyond redemption. My own 2 cents - but there is no greater treasure than our children, no greater crime than to support the abuse of those children.

String em up.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I agree with Andrew Klavan: The Enemy Is within The Church, above. This all needs to be exposed, and stopped. Prosecutors need to prosecute.

I agree that there is no greater crime than using your position to abuse children. But I disagree with those of you who would go so far as to say:
"Their position on so many issues is unconscionable. I believe the church is beyond redemption."

That's non-sense. What "positions" are "unconscionable"? You don't say.
After all, why have they been covering it up for all these years? It's because they know it's wrong and it's a sin. It has to be stopped. But it's not the "position" of the Church to support sex abuse, it's a violation of the "position" of the Church.

-rduckwor

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
this is just the tip of the iceberg

not limited to just this one location

even in other country's...

check out the Mount Chashel Orphanage scandal that covered up abuse starting around 1974 and lasted until 2010

tip if the iceberg....

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I grew up in one of these dioceses, went to catholic school from 1st grade to 12th. High School was an all boys catholic school.

Four of these predators were teachers or administrators of the schools I attended. At an early age we learned who to stay away from. We knew who not to get caught alone by.

These animals didn't pray on the week or the outcasts, they went after the most popular, the star Qb, or star basketball player, because they would hide the shame.

After high school I turned my back on catholic church and never looked back. The catholic church is an evil institution.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I grew up in one of these dioceses, went to catholic school from 1st grade to 12th. High School was an all boys catholic school.

Four of these predators were teachers or administrators of the schools I attended. At an early age we learned who to stay away from. We knew who not to get caught alone by.

And how did you know who to stay away from?
I also went to Catholic schools and I never had a problem.

-rduckwor

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
And how did you know who to stay away from?
I also went to Catholic schools and I never had a problem.[/QUOTE]

Because kids talk, it was well known amongst the students who "would put the moves on you".

That's exactly the phrase I remember a friend using. Don't get caught alone with Father .... he'll put the moves on ya". And the priest he mentioned was one indicted.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Because kids talk, it was well known amongst the students who "would put the moves on you".

Well, there you go... it was well known who to stay away from.
My experience was the same... it was well known who to stay away from.

quote:
These animals didn't pray on the week or the outcasts, they went after the most popular, the star Qb, or star basketball player, because they would hide the shame.

That's not true. I was friends with the star Qb, and the star basketball player, and they didn't have a problem either... because they also knew who to stay away from.

The problem is/was a problem of latent or suppressed homosexuality. They prey on young boys, almost never young girls.
Why are/were homosexuals attracted to the priesthood? Because you get to live with all men.

The answer, in my opinion, is prosecution of the criminals. The further answer is to allow priests to marry, which would make the priesthood more appealing to heterosexuals.

I actually know a married priest. He's a great guy, too.

One of kind: Crestwood parish priest only married priest in St. Louis

The Rev. Gregory Lockwood has people in his life that few Catholic priests have.

Lockwood has been married for 37 years, is a father of five and grandfather of five.

Lockwood, 55, recently was named administrator of St. Elizabeth of Hungary Catholic Church, 1420 Sappington Road.

https://www.stltoday.com/subur...0a-b53eb7666045.html

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
But it's not the "position" of the Church to support sex abuse, it's a violation of the "position" of the Church.

But when an organization does little to nothing to stop a problem such as this, it's essentially complicit in it. They did everything they could to hide it - "oh that's a sin and we must care for our sinners" - yeah and it's also a crime of the law and any accepted set of morality to keep predators away from the prey, especially when these 'priests' are in positions of power.

You'd think the Church, with all it's righteousness would actually seek out these rapists and molesters to expel them from the Church and turn them over to the authorities. Instead they just hide it, move them around, send them to self help camps, and let the sharks continue to roam free.

Which to me indicates it is a systemic issue, from the bottom to the top. Because if a bishop or pope actually had some guts, or balls, or a hint of a backbone, they would vigorously find and eliminate these people from the institution.

Instead they hide behind walls and robes paid for by their parishioners clutching their rituals and books.

They are all Sick Fucks who should receive a treatment of high octane gasoline and road flares.

posted Hide Post
More details here.

More Than 300 'Predator Priests' Molested at Least 1,000 Children, Pennsylvania Grand Jury Finds

And no, girls weren't exempt from the rapist priests.

"A priest raped a 7-year-old girl while he was visiting her in the hospital after she’d had her tonsils removed.

"Another priest forced a 9-year-old boy into having oral sex, then rinsed out the boy’s mouth with holy water."

Let that sink in just a bit.

"U.S. bishops have acknowledged that more than 17,000 people nationwide have reported being molested by priests and others in the church."

And if they acknowledge 17K, it's easily 35K or much much higher.

posted Hide Post
nothing will be done, Catholics are exempt , no one on this earth will rein them in .

May as well be covering the new ducklings at the day care center

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
You'd think the Church, with all it's righteousness would actually seek out these rapists and molesters to expel them from the Church and turn them over to the authorities. Instead they just hide it, move them around, send them to self help camps, and let the sharks continue to roam free.

I agree with you there.

The Archdiocese of St. Louis provides the sexual abuse prevention program "Protecting God's Children" to parishes, schools, and archdiocesan agencies at no cost.

Victims of sexual abuse, in addition to contacting civil authorities, are asked to come forward in order to receive pastoral assistance.

To report old or current allegations of sexual abuse by a member of the clergy or by lay employees or volunteers of the Archdiocese, contact:

Sandra Price,
Executive Director of the Office of Child and Youth Protection,
314-792-7271 or by email to: sandraprice@archstl.org

or to the
Missouri Department of Social Services,
Children's Division Hotline Reporting Number: 1-800-392-3738

-rduckwor

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’m Catholic, and I’m tired of this shit. These so called “Priests” need to be tried, convicted, and sent to “pound me in the ass prison” so they can get their own dose. So tired of it. I’m loyal to my local Parish, not the Vatican or the Diocese.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m Catholic, and I’m tired of this shit. These so called “Priests” need to be tried, convicted, and sent to “pound me in the ass prison” so they can get their own dose. So tired of it. I’m loyal to my local Parish, not the Vatican or the Diocese.

I'm with you. When people ask, "Is the Pope Catholic?", I say "not this Pope." Bunch of commies at the Vatican currently and among the US Bishops.

-rduckwor