SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I am absolutely disgusted with my U.S. senator, Ron Johnson, and OK Senator James Lankford
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am absolutely disgusted with my U.S. senator, Ron Johnson, and OK Senator James Lankford Login/Join 
posted
This total coward trying to be "woke" and appease the Marxists by proposing a bill to scrap Columbus Day and make "Juneteenth" a holiday disgusts me to no end. I sent him an email stating that I voted for him in every election, but I would never vote for him again if he continues with this bill. I would never vote for the Marxist party, aka, the Democrat party - I simply won't vote. I told him that our Founding Fathers recognized the importance of Christopher Columbus, and that if "Juneteenth" becomes a holiday in its place, Independence Day will be relegated to a secondary holiday as the "woke" crowd will demand it. I also stated that if you give these anti-American fucktards anything to try to appease them, they will only demand more. And I stated that he and the GOP are our only hope against the Marxists trying to destroy this nation.

https://www.jsonline.com/story...mbus-day/5358228002/

Please, not just WI voters, but everybody, send him an email with your thoughts.

https://www.ronjohnson.senate....fm/email-the-senator

Forgot to add, fellow Republican James Lankford of Oklahoma is co-sponsoring the bill, so Okies, jump on him, too!

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for you. I wish more people would do the same.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
And I stated that he and the GOP are our only hope against the Marxists trying to destroy this nation.

Well, he's one of them, now. How can he be the hope? The fucking moron wants the "exchange" Columbus Day for Juneteenth? Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^Hopefully this is just a brain cramp and he'll come to his senses and remember who put him in office and kept him there in 2016. But, I've heard that he might not run again, so maybe this will be his legacy - appeasement of the Bolshies. Maybe Lankford wants to stick around for awhile.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I couldn’t believe it when I saw he was doing that. I’m with you, I’m disgusted, he goes ahead with this, we might as well get ready for another Dimocrat to match Baldwitch. What does he think, the lefties are going to be impressed and vote for him? Dumbass

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tucker Carlson is all over it (and I would add that Tucker is doing a phenomenal job lately):

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK6TkEpzGTc

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
So I take it they will be running as Marxocrats next time around?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I was really pissed to hear that on Tucker. I thought Ron Johnson was one of our stalwarts; came from the Tea Party after all. Nah, turns out he’s another Ben Sasse. And Lankford—just days after Trump showered him with praise at the Tulsa rally.

Turn up the heat!

Posts: 18067 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
James Lankford is one creepy guy.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will Kwanzaa replace Christmas? Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Christmas is white. So, of course.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Myself, and many others I have spoken to are utterly DISGUSTED with the response of the republican party over the last few months. Lawlessness, destruction of our heritage and they don't say a word...to the point I think that we are heading to what I call the "rip the bandaid off" moment. Many I have spoken to are seriously considering not casting a vote for the national senate or house. Oh they'll check the block for Trump, skip the senate and house, and continue on to vote for their state and local offices. The feeling is as long as Trump has the presidency they don't care if the left takes the senate and house by a few seats. Firing the worthless republicans will be worth it in their eyes. Overriding a Trump veto will be almost impossible. Maybe by the mid-terms the RINO's will figure it out. And the mid-terms are way more conductive to the republican party (in the senate).

I gotta say I can see where they are coming from. A few months ago Tucker made a comment to the effect that the first republican that stands up to the mobs will be the next leader after Trump. He is right. I think the next republican president we will see is going to be Tom Cotton. People are fed up with worthless leaders. The RINO'a are hoping when Trump leaves we will go back to voting for their fecklessness. They are wrong. When Trump leaves were are going to vote for his replacement.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe by the mid-terms the RINO's will figure it out. And the mid-terms are way more conductive to the republican party (in the senate).

The mid-terms were not good for the Republican party in 2018. Trump lost the majority in the House and the Democrats have used that to do nothing but investigate, impeach and impede the President at every turn.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Hence my "in the senate" qualifier.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
There has been an ongoing attack on Columbus himself as well as the time honored traditional holiday to celebrate his accomplishments, here in this state for years. The same malcontents pushing revisionist history have repeatedly introduced legislation to replace the holiday, and this session, under the Democrat controlled legislature and Democrat governor, they finally succeeded in replacing the state holiday.

The barbarians recently dragged down a statue of him near the Capitol grounds (a relatively secure area with many surveillance cameras) and, while the police reportedly have video and know when it occurred, did nothing to intervene, which leaves many of us with questions as to whether the governor issued stand down orders, or if the police simply chose to do nothing. The statue will not be put back in place.

Another nearby small city with a different Columbus statue is now the focus of the barbarians' attempt to remove it. A couple years ago I read a local news article that there wasn't enough money in the city budget to maintain the statue, now covered in generations of bird shit and filth, so a young man, a high school student working on his Eagle Scout badge, took it upon himself, in his spare time, to clean the statue. A daughter of one of the men who built this particular statue so long ago, explained that the statue, at the time it was erected, represented not only the pride of those locals with Italian heritage, but the celebration of all the various groups in the area including the Slovenians and the large Hispanic population, but now it is in the cross-hairs of the these America-hating domestic terrorists.

The destruction of memorials and history happening now is no different than when the Taliban destroyed those ancient memorial works of stone art in Afghanistan.

Dennis Prager recently pointed out that a nation that tears down its national heroes and founding fathers, and erases its history while spitting on the past, can not endure...something I've believed for a long time.

Hope those of you still left with statues and holidays to commemorate will prevail...right now I'm spittin' mad...and saddened.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Hence my "in the senate" qualifier.

Senate Democrats had 26 seats up for election in 2018 (including the seats of two independents who caucus with them) while Senate Republicans had nine seats up for election.

It will be harder for Republicans in 2020:

There are 35 seats up in 2020 - including special elections in Arizona and Georgia - of which 23 are held by the GOP.

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Christmas is white. So, of course.

We often have christmases “of color” here in Michigan

Rather than throwing babies to the wolves hoping to
Appease them, why don’t we stop the sleigh and just
Kill the wolves?

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not in Kenton Ohio!!

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
I bet. Can’t see that place all woke. Lol
Need to make a trip to Mt Victory sometime. And check out KTown too.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got no issues with Juneteenth, what I don't like is the need by many of it's advocates to believe that another holiday needs to be 'abolished', 'removed' or 'replaced'.

So, we can't have both holidays? There's a limit to the number of holidays?

This is the same group that complains that as a country we (and Japan) have the least amount of paid holidays in the industrialized world yet, they want to push one holiday in order to replace another. Roll Eyes

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post