SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Law Enforcement in Illinois just got more difficult
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Law Enforcement in Illinois just got more difficult Login/Join 
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by celticwolf:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Don't even waste your time. The guy is a goof and doesn't even comprehend who wrote the report or why. He's not worth the energy it takes to show him how dumb he is.

Attacks on the messenger are poor form. Show me how dumb I am, refute the information within. The stuff in that report makes CPD look like Jackboots, and not once in this thread has a CPD Officer denied the validity of the substance. But they have bragged about rules not applying to them.

Of all of it, the evidence of Cops lying for Cops (many times busted on video after the fact) is the most disturbing to me. If you cover for bad cop, you're a bad cop. It's systematic in the CPD, and has been for decades.

I stand by my assertion, no one should want those cops in their town.

Attacks on the messenger are poor form? How about the broad smear campaign and lying you’ve been doing, in conjunction with looking like a complete idiot by speaking about things you don’t know about in locations far from you.

I could only imagine if I fell down a flight of stairs and smashed my head on every step on the way down, that would still not make me as retarded as you. So let me explain it to you. Obama “the police acted stupidly” had his DOJ running around pretty much trying to destroy any police department they could get their hands on. The ones they were able to smear and hamstring the most were in democrat areas “cough cough”...Chicago. Chicago democrats hate any policing and they run the department so they’re all on board with causing as much destruction to it as possible. This is the same group of people, much like yourself, that will lie and smear cops without cause. The same group of fucking idiot retarded morons on the left that get on their knees to pray to black communists on the street, riot and destroy neighborhoods with Antifa are the types of jagoffs writing these reports in an attempt to destroy policing in this country.

So next time, when a group of members here are trying to gently guide you on the path of reason and giving you some information, since there are a few of us that are actually knowledgeable on Illinois and Chicago, maybe don't keep posting the same stupid bullshit acting like you know it all when you’re actually just an idiot posting bullshit and police hate from BLM, Antifa and democrats. Holy fuck you are dense.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Hey celticwolf, out of all the "reports" that Obummer's Justice Department wrote and all the departments they investigated, how many officers were prosecuted for the "allegations" in those reports? Zero. None. Hmmm, does that make sense. You see most of those reports had unsubstantiated or false allegations listed in order to justify a Federal Civil Lawsuit against the department and city. A lawsuit that would take years and years to finally come to court. Some cities and departments tried to fight them but after a while the cost of trying to fight was too much, so they settled and entered into the Consent Decree. Now for why no criminal prosecutions have ever occurred; In Federal Criminal Court, a defendant has a right to a speedy trial (like in about 180 days, if not continued by the defendant. Also different rules of discovery and evidence apply. Also "the beyond a reasonable doubt" applies as compared to Civil Court where a simple preponderance of evidence applies.

So explain to me, why Obama, Master of the Daley Machine, would send his DOJ after Chicago? The Chicago he installed his good buddy as Mayor of.

Chicago made Obama; it's not adding up to me. How did he profit?

As far as prosecutions; you left out the qualified immunity part.

You really cant figure out why Obama’s DOJ would write that report considering the hatred they have for law enforcement? Considering how the left and democrats are in lockstep with communists, BLM, Antifa, ACAB and the defund the police movement? You really cant figure that out?

You cant figure out that report and how it ties to this legislation that is an attack on law enforcement in the state of Illinois? 700 fucking murders in Chicago last year, thousands of people shot and the democrats legislate a bill directly aimed at police officers instead of the criminals causing all of the problems and you still cant figure it out? Holy shit man.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by celticwolf:. It's an objective opinion based on established facts.

Please don’t feed the troll.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
This Tucker Carlson disinformation video draws some similar lines to this discussion. https://video.foxnews.com/v/62...697001#sp=show-clips

Disinformation about the consent decree, the code of silence, systemic racism etc. Why would an anti-police mayor want a consent decree? Well, he was Obama's right hand man, what better way to take out the 2nd largest police force in the country? Chicago crime is a stain on society, the democrats have been in power here for over 90 years, they own this mess. They have to blame someone and many of us see the true colors of the dems. It's a win-win when they can blame us for all their shortcomings and force you to bend the knee at the same time. Who are you going to tell, the FBI or some other agency that is also controlled by Democrats?

Code of silence is a term that is more fitting to the Chicago political system than it is to the Police Department. They hold the power, they have absolute control. Rahm Emanuel and the Laquan McDonald case come to mind. Video and information was repressed but not by the Police Department, but no doubt by the Mayor or his office. He was in the middle of a re-election, this video would have surely cost him that election, which it did cost him dearly after he was elected. Mayor Lightfoot is clearly the beneficiary of that sentiment against police. She has been very vocal about her stance of eliminating the entire department. She can admit to all the CPD corruption she wants, it doesn't make it true. Why would either of them care of the cost of a consent decree? It doesn't effect them in the least. It does help the anti-police narrative, and the taxpayers will just have to dig deeper to pay for it. Seems to be a good plan and it's working.

They are moving things to a State-wide level. Body cams aren't always being used to show that you properly did your job, otherwise put out all the good interaction, the life saving ones, the ones that paint a positive light on the profession.

Celticwolf, I don't know you and you don't know me, but for you to insinuate that Chicago cops would be terrible for Yavapai County is a big leap. I invite you here to Chicago, take a ride along with us as we attempt to place some of the worst possible offenders of society into custody. Watch us save the lives of countless individuals, walk with the "peaceful" protestors of BLM/Antifa as they peaceably destroy the businesses and property of tax paying citizens. Ride with us as we having countless positive community interactions with everyday citizens on a daily basis. Perhaps then that chip on you shoulder can be whittled down. You want me to provide you with proof of everything I say, you want to convince you we are worthy of your respect, well I'd like some of that too. Posting articles and information that is biased, unverifiable or twisted to form a narrative is not truth. So if you really want me to show you how things really are here and what I'm talking about, take a ride out and prepare to stay a while because in order for you to see things, you need to have your eyes opened.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
You guys are wasting your breath. There’s no reasoning with that level of hatred.

There is zero hatred. It's an objective opinion based on established facts.

Here in Yavapai County, we have some of the most level headed LEO's I have ever encountered. Do I want the Chicago Way coming here? Hell no.

What are you referring to as established facts?

Most CPD are decent people trying to do their job in a exceedingly difficult environment.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:

Clearly you have no understanding of what the term "qualified immunity" means. Police officers are not shielded from prosecution when they commit crimes, nor are they protected for civil wrongs IF they've acted within the "course and scope of their employment" in good faith and in a reasonable manner. If you don't like police officers having the same constitutional protections as other citizens (and even non-citizens) such as the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, trial by a jury, a unanimous finding of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt to be convicted of a crime(s), and protections against double jeopardy, you'd better expect losing not just those willing to enter the law enforcement profession, but the protections to all of us that the justice system provides.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“Qualified immunity” and the police is becoming the new “gun show loophole” of the Left: something to misrepresent and thereby turn it into a catchphrase that they can fool the ignorant with. I’m actually surprised, though, that they don’t just drop the “qualified” part that clearly indicates it’s not total immunity. They should be saying, “The police have immunity for anything they do and that’s got to change!” That would be as much of a lie and not give the masses the confusing impression that the “qualified” part was somehow important.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is zero hatred. It's an objective opinion based on established facts.

Here in Yavapai County, we have some of the most level headed LEO's I have ever encountered. Do I want the Chicago Way coming here? Hell no.

So... you're making subjective observations about the police that you have ACTUALLY MET in your area to compare with a 13,000+ officer agency that you are reading about in a report? There are districts in Chicago and therefore maybe more cops that have more residents than your entire county (same for me). I don't presume to believe so many people can be painted that broadly.

quote:
So explain to me, why Obama, Master of the Daley Machine, would send his DOJ after Chicago? The Chicago he installed his good buddy as Mayor of.

Chicago made Obama; it's not adding up to me. How did he profit?

Scapegoating. The city is in deep shit. Rahm Emmanuel was essentially installed there by Obama. It's not Rahm's fault, it's those evil policemen. That's a ground ball, dude.

quote:
Yes it does. How do you think it has perpetuated all these decades? It's a voluntary job.

While many want to throw shade at the report I posted. Note how no one is challenging anything in it. Read it and tell me if you would work in an organization like that. You either adopt the "Chicago Way" or you don't last long.

It reminds me of the corrupt stuff that happened to Christopher Dorner. Although, I do not condone his extreme response.

A voluntary job? Sure, I suppose so. Aren't they all? So somehow they are finding thousands of people to indoctrinate and systemically use to oppress the populace? C'mon, man. This is that classic tendency of people to completely dehumanize police officers.

Nobody is picking apart the report because those of us that have read stuff like this about any agency know that, particular during the Obama administration, the DOJ never investigated an agency they were wrong about. Others just don't want to read the seventy some pages of drivel.

quote:
Attacks on the messenger are poor form. Show me how dumb I am, refute the information within. The stuff in that report makes CPD look like Jackboots, and not once in this thread has a CPD Officer denied the validity of the substance. But they have bragged about rules not applying to them.

Of all of it, the evidence of Cops lying for Cops (many times busted on video after the fact) is the most disturbing to me. If you cover for bad cop, you're a bad cop. It's systematic in the CPD, and has been for decades.

I stand by my assertion, no one should want those cops in their town.

The word is "systemically", not systematically. It's becoming one of my favorite words that people are hearing on the Facebook these days and misusing. You also keep claiming that the DOJ report is "empirical" and I think that's a stretch.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
Originally posted by celticwolf:. It's an objective opinion based on established facts.

Please don’t feed the troll.

Amen!
Not only is he an asshole, he's clueless about anything this side of the Mississippi. His last post proves it.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

It's also sad to see Chicago politics pull down the rest of a beautiful state.

Exactly. It's state wide, not just Chicago.

My niece's husband is an LEO is one of the far western suburbs and he is ready to turn in his badge over this. I would not be surprised if he and others do just that.

There's just a few (unfortunately large) pockets. Chicago and Cook Co. Up into Lake co. Aurora. Kankakee. Springfield.

Anywhere else in the State, and it's rather conservative.

They're pandering to the black caucus, because they want to prove how "woke" they are. The communities that are going to be effected the most are going to be the inner city, the exact places that need the police the most.

Right now, we're trying to figure out how to navigate through this shit-storm. Any way it's looked at, pro-active policing is DEAD. There's suburban departments that are going to turn into "firemen"- sit somewhere (out of sight, out of mind) until you get a call, answer call, return.

In Cook co, slather on the damage that Kim Foxx is doing...

It's like being on that boat in the movie "Perfect Storm".

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
To all of you guys holding the line, hang in there and know that the majority of the country supports you. Passed a church yesterday and they had "Pray for our law enforcement" on their sign out front.

https://twitter.com/emzanotti/.../1386674423986630657

https://cwbchicago.com/2021/04...prosecutors-say.html

Man charged murder of 7-year-old at McDonald’s drive-thru has 2 pending felony cases, prosecutors say

Prosecutors on Sunday charged a suburban man in connection with the fatal shooting of 7-year-old Jaslyn Adams at a West Side McDonald’s drive-thru restaurant and trying to carjack a family from Las Vegas on the Eisenhower Expressway.

Marion Lewis had two felony juvenile cases pending — one for burglary and looting, the other for possessing a stolen motor vehicle — when he participated in the murder and other crimes this month, prosecutors said. He was previously convicted in juvenile court of a gun charge, possessing a stolen motor vehicle, criminal trespass to vehicle, burglary to auto, and attempted residential burglary as a juvenile, authorities said.

Assistant State’s Attorney Kevin Deboni said Adams was sitting in the front seat of her dad’s car when he pulled up to the McDonald’s menu board on April 18. At the same time, Lewis drove a silver Audi into the lot and pulled up behind their car, according to Deboni.

Two gunmen stepped out of the Audi’s passenger-side doors and opened fire on the father’s car. One was armed with a 40-caliber pistol, and the other wielded an AK47-style rifle. The men then returned to the Audi and left the area. Police found 45 shell casings at the scene. Lewis never got out of the car, Deboni said.

Chicago cops pulled Adams from her dad’s car and drove her to Stroger Hospital in a squad car, Deboni said. An officer administered CPR as they sped toward the hospital, but the girl was pronounced dead from three gunshot wounds, he said. Her father suffered a gunshot wound to the torso and survived.

About two hours before the shooting, Lewis posted a video to social media that showed him driving an Audi while wearing a red New York Yankees baseball hat and a black coat, Deboni said. Two passengers in the car are allegedly seen in the video wearing the same clothes that the gunmen wore at McDonald’s. And the social media footage shows the back seat passenger holding an AK47-style rifle, according to Deboni.

Chicago police found Lewis’ social media post and quickly identified him and the passengers from previous contact officers have had with the men, Deboni said. On Thursday, police tracked Lewis to an apartment in Lombard via his Facebook use, Deboni continued. Undercover cops staked out the complex and allegedly saw the distinctive Audi sitting in the parking lot.

Cops watched as Lewis emerged from the apartment with a tan backpack and got into a stolen Dodge Durango, Deboni said. Officers tried to box him in, but Lewis repeatedly rammed a parked car until he was able to drive away, according to prosecutors.

Police followed the Durango until it crashed on the Eisenhower Expressway near Mannheim Road. Lewis got out of the wrecked SUV and ran into the interstate’s traffic lanes with his backpack, Deboni said. According to the allegations, Lewis, brandishing a handgun, began pulling on the driver’s door of a Land Rover that was carrying five occupants, including young children in safety seats.

Lewis allegedly fired a bullet through the driver’s side window and pulled the driver out while the rest of the family remained inside. The driver was cut by flying glass, but the bullet did not hit anyone, Deboni continued.

An undercover officer who was searching the wrecked Durango heard the gunshot and saw Lewis pull the driver from the car, Deboni said. The cop pulled his gun and moved to the Land Rover, where he allegedly saw the top of a handgun sticking out from under Lewis’ thigh on the driver’s seat.

Lewis refused to show his hands and made repeated motions toward the gun, Deboni said. The officer fired five rounds at Lewis when the SUV began rolling backward toward him, according to Deboni. One bullet struck Lewis in his shoulder.

Deboni said the officer then reached into the car, retrieved Lewis’ gun, and took the 18-year-old into custody. An AK47-style rifle was allegedly found in Lewis’ backpack. Lab tests linked the rifle and the 40-caliber handgun Lewis was carrying to the McDonald’s shooting, Deboni alleged.

Prosecutors on Sunday charged him with 18 felonies, including first-degree murder, three counts of attempted first-degree murder, aggravated vehicular hijacking by discharge of a firearm, and six felony counts of aggravated discharge of a firearm.

Saying Lewis “turned the 290 expressway into a crime scene,” Judge David Navarro ordered him held without bail. The two gunmen have not yet been charged.

Ironically, Lewis earlier this year posted a screenshot of a Sun-Times news story about a double homicide to his Facebook page. The three-paragraph passage notes that police found cellphone video of the two accused murderers riding in a car with the murder weapons before the slayings and said detectives located the suspects by using Facebook records.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Somewhat tongue in cheek: with all the reports of crime in Chicago, one wonders what laws are actually enforced.

When even common law is no longer enforced, why have LE?

Enforced laws will be parking tickets, moving violations, and anything else that can be collected from the law abiding citizens that actually pay the imposed fine or have assets that can be taken and sold.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Marion Lewis had two felony juvenile cases pending — one for burglary and looting, the other for possessing a stolen motor vehicle — when he participated in the murder and other crimes this month, prosecutors said. He was previously convicted in juvenile court of a gun charge, possessing a stolen motor vehicle, criminal trespass to vehicle, burglary to auto, and attempted residential burglary as a juvenile, authorities said.

While changes to the bail system are certainly concerning, as evidenced by the first sentence above, there is a greater concern.

Look at the second sentence. Why, if convicted of all those felonies, even (or perhaps especially) as a juvenile, was he out on the street in the first place?

Posts: 7311 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Looks like Louisville will be next

DOJ investigates Louisville PD

Posts: 23442 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tucker couldn't be more correct in the video below-

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ris...is-in-the-windy-city

And there's a hundred other stories in addition to what's mention.
I know our feelings on "Mass Shootings".
Me? Meh... I personally can't give a fuck any less than I do now. We had a "Mass Shooting" a few weeks ago on 79th st. Over 160 shell casings recovered, 8 shot, one died on scene, another at the hospital a few days later.
One of the people a few blocks away who was shot was sitting on a gun in slide-lock, and tested positive for residue on his hands. Yeah, he's one of the bad-guys...
Judge let's him go on an I-Bond (signature bond).

So if the Judges don't care about keeping bad guys locked up, why should anyone else? Especially if they are risking a whole hell of a lot to do so?

posted Hide Post
I was planning on hitting Chinatown in Chicago this summer. It's been awhile. Guess I will just skip Illinois all together.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Tucker couldn't be more correct in the video below-

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ris...is-in-the-windy-city

And there's a hundred other stories in addition to what's mention.
I know our feelings on "Mass Shootings".
Me? Meh... I personally can't give a fuck any less than I do now. We had a "Mass Shooting" a few weeks ago on 79th st. Over 160 shell casings recovered, 8 shot, one died on scene, another at the hospital a few days later.
One of the people a few blocks away who was shot was sitting on a gun in slide-lock, and tested positive for residue on his hands. Yeah, he's one of the bad-guys...
Judge let's him go on an I-Bond (signature bond).

So if the Judges don't care about keeping bad guys locked up, why should anyone else? Especially if they are risking a whole hell of a lot to do so?

And that's the problem. The whole system is corrupt and will remain so until the G comes in and cleans house which I do not see happening for at least four years, yet the idiots who don't have a clue will blame the Police and ask them what are they doing to solve the crime problem or accuse them of negligence or corruption when in fact it is the Police who are actually trying to do something and make a difference. The Police are the only entity in Chicago actually at least trying to do their job.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a Chicago native and fully understand "The Chicago Way". Richard J. Daley was the mayor then. The Outfit was doing well. Tony Acardo ran things. I have not lived there in years and it does annoy me to read comments from people who do not have a clue. Lightfoot and Fox are real problems as well as Madigan. Downstate remains conservative and generally more like Iowa.
There have been some changes with Fast Eddie in prison for tax evasion and Ed Burke in trouble as well.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post