SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Law Enforcement in Illinois just got more difficult
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Law Enforcement in Illinois just got more difficult Login/Join 
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedmd:
WV SP is hiring as well as many local agencies. Come to a place where the vast majority of people respect law enforcement officers.

Do you really want a bunch of indoctrinated Chicago Jackboots, disenfranchised by more oversight and accountability; moving to WV?

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by celticwolf:
quote:
WV SP is hiring as well as many local agencies. Come to a place where the vast majority of people respect law enforcement officers.

Do you really want a bunch of indoctrinated Chicago Jackboots, disenfranchised by more oversight and accountability; moving to WV?

That comment is really in poor taste and illustrates your lack of understanding of local policing and politics. Personally know a bunch of Chicago Cops and they are pretty much average joes trying to do a job and keep the streets from turning into all-out anarchy. It doesn’t surprise me one bit that Democratic politicians would legislate in favor of the criminals and dirtbags in the city. The days of proactive policing have been dwindling in the city and this legislation will guarantee that the police will not be doing anything that can put themselves in jeopardy in this climate. Murders will increase, along with other violent crime, car jackings and assaults. The democrats will keep releasing violent criminals onto the streets and the good people will leave. The city has been wrecked by onerous covid restrictions as well from the incompetent joke of a mayor. The states attorney and sheriff are social justice warriors that are destroying the city. The same states attorney that let Jessie Smollett off of charges when he claimed his hoax of a racial attack by Trump supporters.

Furthermore, the downhill slide has caused myself and family to leave the city and state. Many friends have left to relocate to warmer climates in traditional red areas. Most people I know that haven't left yet are making plans to do so. This latest legislation is simply the exclamation point on years of terrible leadership from the democrats in the state. I’m disgusted by what the democrats have done to a crown jewel of an amazing midwest city. Great sports attractions, restaurants, parks, amazing lakefront and museums, awesome nightlife and cool neighborhoods. A powerhouse that managed to thrive despite the best efforts of democrats. The city I grew up in and loved is lost.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Those of us are are here serving and protecting are here by choice. Say what you want about Chicago, but it's home. I took this job knowing well of what I was getting into and still chose to fight the good fight. Body cameras and oversight don't scare me one bit, I actually wanted the technology implemented back in early 2000's when it first was developed. I only wish the general public can see what we see on a daily basis, the professionalism and pride that the overwhelming majority of officers I serve with show. It would also show the seedy side of what we actually deal with, the raw footage of the violence and pure savagery of what we deal with on a constant basis. The political and internal stresses of the job are far worse though. I could go on and on about the way the Chicago Police Department is run by the political elite, but I choose not to at this time. Perhaps I'll go into depth after retirement.

I haven't been indoctrinated by anyone, as I don't drink "koolaid". I am a natural cynic and believe in seeing things from a neutral view. I'm a "show me" kind of guy, and I walk the walk. I'm no jackboot, I live by the golden rule and have a solid reputation that has been built on "street cred" in that people know I'm straightforward, honest and keep my word. It took me years to build that reputation, and I won't change it for anyone. As a former painter I rarely used the broad brush to paint things, I like to use the fine point brush as I get the best results with it.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Klusk2:

I haven't been indoctrinated by anyone, as I don't drink "koolaid". I am a natural cynic and believe in seeing things from a neutral view. I'm a "show me" kind of guy, and I walk the walk. I'm no jackboot, I live by the golden rule and have a solid reputation that has been built on "street cred" in that people know I'm straightforward, honest and keep my word. It took me years to build that reputation, and I won't change it for anyone. As a former painter I rarely used the broad brush to paint things, I like to use the fine point brush as I get the best results with it.

quote:
Originally posted by Klusk2: "The Chicago way" is a completely different standard. The rest of the state may follow these rules, but here, we tend to do things differently. I'm sure CPD SIG and Bulldog know what I mean. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

These 2 statements don't jive.

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
quote:

That comment is really in poor taste and illustrates your lack of understanding of local policing and politics. Personally know a bunch of Chicago Cops and they are pretty much average joes trying to do a job and keep the streets from turning into all-out anarchy.

It is not in poor taste, it's empirical fact.

DOJ Report

You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I think you forgot to tag that post with "SARCASM".

You'd be blessed in WV to have the real working police serving you. And believe me... the only ones looking for options outside Chicago are the guys who want to work - to protect and serve - not just collect a check and rely on the "Chicago Way" to keep their jobs and promotions coming.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:

You'd be blessed in WV to have the real working police serving you. And believe me... the only ones looking for options outside Chicago are the guys who want to work - to protect and serve - not just collect a check and rely on the "Chicago Way" to keep their jobs and promotions coming.

I think you are confused about what the "Chicago Way" is, and you don't want it coming to a town near you.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Klusk2:
Those of us are are here serving and protecting are here by choice. Say what you want about Chicago, but it's home. I took this job knowing well of what I was getting into and still chose to fight the good fight. Body cameras and oversight don't scare me one bit, I actually wanted the technology implemented back in early 2000's when it first was developed. I only wish the general public can see what we see on a daily basis, the professionalism and pride that the overwhelming majority of officers I serve with show. It would also show the seedy side of what we actually deal with, the raw footage of the violence and pure savagery of what we deal with on a constant basis. The political and internal stresses of the job are far worse though. I could go on and on about the way the Chicago Police Department is run by the political elite, but I choose not to at this time. Perhaps I'll go into depth after retirement.

Shame that the bastards have ruined Chicago. Actually they made it worse, Daley and the machine ruined it. I grew up in Chicagoland, went to UIC. It was either you or Bulldog I've spoken to via e-mail. Loved the area, moved away 12+ years ago and can't see myself living there again. I was part of the huge 2006 testing for CPD, I took it in November.

I wish the full body cam footage would be released instead of just the parts where the cops have to resort to force in an attempt to make the cops look bad and their "customers" look like a bunch of didn't do nuffins.

It's not just Chicago, but the entire state of Illinois is in trouble. I think Houston will overtake Chicago for 3rd largest city in the country within a few years.

As long as madigan runs the state, it will not get better.

Posts: 13093 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
DOJ Report
Seriously? Do you have any idea how many departments entered into "Consent Decree" agreements during and just after the Obummer era? His DOJ hated cops, and we all know it.

The date of that document is 1 week before Trump took office.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:

I think you are confused about what the "Chicago Way" is, and you don't want it coming to a town near you.

Perhaps we've both lived in Chicago?

If so, then you know the "Chicago Way" cuts both directions.

I stand by my statement. WV would be blessed to pick up real working police from CPD.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
DOJ Report
Seriously? Do you have any idea how many departments entered into "Consent Decree" agreements during and just after the Obummer era? His DOJ hated cops, and we all know it.

The date of that document is 1 week before Trump took office.

It's a good read, and nothing in it is unsubstantiated, or disproven. I am pretty sure the DOJ doesn't hate cops. However I am certain bad cops hate DOJ investigations.

JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
quote:

That comment is really in poor taste and illustrates your lack of understanding of local policing and politics. Personally know a bunch of Chicago Cops and they are pretty much average joes trying to do a job and keep the streets from turning into all-out anarchy.

DOJ Report

It is in poor taste and nothing you linked to validates all Chicago Police as being “indoctrinated Chicago Jackboots”. Its obvious by your posting that you are some sort of police hater and being lazy and posting a DOJ review has absolutely nothing to do with what I mentioned. You have no understanding of the local politics and policing and choose to make snarky childish comments about Chicago Police officers being jack boot thugs. I wouldn’t be posting broad, generalizing statements about a police department half way across the country that I know nothing about but I suppose I don't share your level of hubris when discussing matters I know nothing about.

posted Hide Post
quote:
A bunch of drivel.

Are you really going after these guys like this on here? The CPD cops on here are good dudes with solid reputations on the forum. The Chicago Police Department employees over 10,000 police officers. There is zero question that the overwhelmingly vast majority of them are good people doing a hard job that fights them from both ends.

It is disappointing to see somebody take such swipes at such good people.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
You guys are wasting your breath. There’s no reasoning with that level of hatred.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:
A bunch of drivel.

Are you really going after these guys like this on here? The CPD cops on here are good dudes with solid reputations on the forum. The Chicago Police Department employees over 10,000 police officers. There is zero question that the overwhelmingly vast majority of them are good people doing a hard job that fights them from both ends.

It is disappointing to see somebody take such swipes at such good people.

I’m pretty sure I’ve actually met all CPD members of the forum in person and they are all good guys, along with members of my own family and friends on that department. Celticwolf’s disrespectful comments hit a nerve with me.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Apologies to our CPD members. Please know we support our LE members. I would like to invite you to move to the free State of Utah. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apologize for what Darth? Not needed at all.

We know that there's assholes all over, some are hidden, some don't show themselves.

This one jumped up and waived his dainty little hand and introduced himself!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking he's probably a RINO.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
I'm thinking he's probably a RINO.

Well I am a Libertarian, so definitely not a RINO.

Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
You guys are wasting your breath. There’s no reasoning with that level of hatred.

There is zero hatred. It's an objective opinion based on established facts.

Here in Yavapai County, we have some of the most level headed LEO's I have ever encountered. Do I want the Chicago Way coming here? Hell no.