SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cancer Sucks, Part II: The Finale
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cancer Sucks, Part II: The Finale Login/Join 
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Everybody's got to die sooner or later. Early this year, my sister who won her fight with cancer died from liver failure most likely from the chemicals they used to fight the cancer with.

But hope springs eternal. Early today, we visited a friend who had an operation for breast cancer and they also found a spot on her liver. The test results came back today and they shared she is completely cancer free. But that's all that she has to deal with. Oh, well her husband is blind from macular degeneration and their 35 year old daughter functions as a 5 year old and needs care.

But this is in contrast to yet a third friend who, after being cancer free for 3 years, got cancer again and in less than a year, she died. Her daughter was still going to college at the time.

You're right. Cancer sucks.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I hope you and his loved ones are able to find peace during this trying time.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
My condolences, I will be praying for you and your family.

Posts: 4110 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Condolences and prayers said and sent.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
My wife lost both her parents to cancer. Her father was in the Army during the 1950s and down in Nevada during the above ground nuclear testing. He died from the radiation exposure as a result of his Army service. At the end, it was ghastly. You have my condolences. This is a terrible disease that I hope some day they can cure.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Bill I'm very sorry for the loss of your brother, when we loose a close family member we loose a little part off ourself. It's a curse of a disease that often takes otherwise perfectly healthy people before their time. The same type of cancer took both of my parents who were otherwise in excellent health. I guess that's what I have to look forward to......

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our condolences, thoughts, and prayers.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry for your loss, bronicabill. I am praying for you and your family this morning.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Sincere condolences.
Lost Kadin last year, I am still grieving.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
What am I going to do without my brother???

Rely on your brothers here.

God knows the membership helps each other when the merde frappe le ventilateur.

In this trying hour, know your brother, you, and all your kin are in the thoughts and prayers of of many here.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My deepest condolences.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
It’s a crime we haven’t figured out how to beat cancer yet. Sorry for your loss. Frown

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
God be with you and your family in your time of grief. Please take solace in his misery being over.

Posts: 5756 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Lost my Dad to cancer when I was 12. I know how you feel.
You will make it through this..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6317 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Bill, please accept my condolences.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the loss of your brother. I know that this does not sound fair, but at least it was quick.

I just got diagnosed with a real nasty cancer and find out my 2-5 year survival %'s after surgery in April. If it is meant for me to go, I want to go quick and hopefully lesson my families agony (hope that this does not sound too morbid)

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post