SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cancer Sucks, Part II: The Finale
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cancer Sucks, Part II: The Finale Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
I’ve posted on this topic recently following the death of a friend from this dispicable disease, but this time is much, MUCH worse!!!

I lost my only brother this afternoon at 3:34pm, and I just don’t know what to do next. We all knew this was going to happen eventually as his cancer was incurable, and was in end-stage when first discovered, but everyone thought he still had at LEAST six months left!

Well, I guess that’s what we get for thinking. He went septic with little warning last night and ended up in the ICU in Nashville. By this afternoon he was gone...

Dammit. What am I going to do without my brother??? Guess I’ll figure that out starting next week when reality really sets in.

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Condolences to you and his other family and friends.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. I agree cancer is the pits. Seems we all end up with it in some form or another. Prayers for you and the family.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Cancer is sent by the devil himself.

sorry for your loss.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss Bill. I wish I had more to say that would be comforting. You and your brother will be in our prayers tonight.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
That really sucks, sorry for your loss.

I would hope that if I am diagnosed terminal with it that it takes me fast. The less suffering the better. It sucks for family and friends though who want to make the most of the time left.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
Condolences, sorry for your loss.

Posts: 249 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Absolutely heartbreaking, I’m very sorry. I HATE cancer! I lost my sister to it seven years ago and a very close friend lost her struggle with it a year ago December 31st.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Condolences on your family’s loss.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss.

F U cancer.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Sometimes things just come fast...faster than we want Frown...prayers for you and all your family...may God strengthen and comfort you during this loss, my friend.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss. I too have a brother, and while not biological, I would be lost were I to lose him.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss. Prayers for your brother, you and your family.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Bill,

It is a horrible thing, I lost my oldest brother to it when I was 18, and I lost my closest brother 4 years ago to it, and I have never been the same.

One thing I will say is (as bad as it sounds) if he left unexpectedly it is better than it lasting a long time.

There is not a day that goes by that I don't miss them, and there probably will not be.

My condolences to you and your family.

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
my condolences to you and your family

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mother is going through it right now, it’s awful. I am truly sorry for your loss. My brother is my best friend, I hope he out lives me. Fuck cancer.

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss! Praying for you and your family!

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
I’ve posted on this topic recently following the death of a friend from this dispicable disease, but this time is much, MUCH worse!!!

I lost my only brother this afternoon at 3:34pm, and I just don’t know what to do next. We all knew this was going to happen eventually as his cancer was incurable, and was in end-stage when first discovered, but everyone thought he still had at LEAST six months left!

Well, I guess that’s what we get for thinking. He went septic with little warning last night and ended up in the ICU in Nashville. By this afternoon he was gone...

Dammit. What am I going to do without my brother??? Guess I’ll figure that out starting next week when reality really sets in.

So very sorry, one day at a time, that's all you can do.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
My condolences.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post