SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mariska Hargitay AKA Det. Olivia Benson on Law & Order SVU
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Mariska Hargitay AKA Det. Olivia Benson on Law & Order SVU Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Playing around on Google and ran across something that surprised me.

Maybe I’m the last person in America to find this out but I didn’t realize that she was the daughter of Jayne Mansfield.

For those who remember Jayne Mansfield, you’re aging yourself Big Grin

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Dayum. Didn't know that either. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16189 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Daughter and mother

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I was married to both of them.

And Morgan Fairchild, whom I slept with...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Yeah, that's the ticket...

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
And dad Mickey Hargitay was a professional bodybuilder IIRC.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I was not aware of it either. The things I learned in a gun forum! Smile

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Report This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
If you’d like to see Mickey and Jayne in a movie, The Many Loves of Hercules was one of the movies riffed on in the return of Mystery Science Theater on Netflix.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Report This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I knew that she was Jayne Mansfield's daughter, but I learned this only a few years ago.

As for Jayne Mansfield, I was six when she died, so I didn't really know anything about her until I was a bit older.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Report This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:

Get out of this thread, Brian Williams...

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I did, actually. And they bear a strong family resemblance. Look about 10 inches below the shoulders.....

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
She's 5 kinds of hot...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a real tragedy to say the least. Mariska was in the car at the time of the accident.

http://www.franksreelreviews.c...s/jaynemansfield.htm

Posts: 137 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: February 23, 2015Report This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
quote:

Get out of this thread, Brian Williams...

BWA HA HA HA HA. snorting and guffawing. hehehe. Man I love the creativity on this forum. Thanks!

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Considering she is in her 50’s....

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gloucestermen:
It was a real tragedy to say the least. Mariska was in the car at the time of the accident.

http://www.franksreelreviews.c...s/jaynemansfield.htm

Man, that's spooky. Jayne was in a car when her father was killed in a wreck, too.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Report This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Good giggity. Always been a fan!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Her mom (my first wife, the Monkey's second), was also the "cross your heart" girl too as I recall.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post