SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random act of kindness
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random act of kindness Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Was on the receiving end of it today.

Had a little time this afternoon for a quick run. Then, it started raining. Suddenly, this old lady driving her car, about to turn to her house, stopped right next to me and asked, "Sir, do you need a ride somewhere?" But, I thank her, "No problems at all, I'm enjoying this very much."

Made my day. Cool

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. Karma

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
At least she didn't get out of her car and hit you with a newspaper Big Grin

Anyhoo, very kind of her.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That happens to me every single time I get caught in a downpour when cycling here in Park City. I've even had a man offer to give me his outerwear jacket that he happen to have in his truck. A lot of cyclists out here though who probably know what it's like to get caught out.

The only time I accepted an offer for a ride is when I broke my chain out on a ride. I was extremely thankful for that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Love it - thanks for sharing!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post