SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    News piece about Budweiser canning water for hurricane relief at my son's plant in Colorado
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

News piece about Budweiser canning water for hurricane relief at my son's plant in Colorado Login/Join 
Smarter than the
average bear
posted
ABC News ran this piece about the hurricane relief efforts. Of course it's good PR for Bud, but I think it's a cool thing they do to can drinking water for relief efforts. My son is a manager at the Fort Collins plant, and he's front and center behind the flag at the end of the video.

Link:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/anhe...as/story?id=58541217

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've toured the Ft Collins brewery twice and thought it was really cool when the guide showed off their ability to produce the canned water. Kudos to your son and cew!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 666 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Really cool how quickly they can shift production over to this effort.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I volunteer for Red Cross although not at this recent series of disasters. Some churches and other groups will not accept canned water from A/B. Even though there is no alcohol they refuse it on moral/religious basis. It is sad but we always try to make accommodations for their wishes.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2887 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
The first thought that came to mind was, "How are they going to tell it from the beer?"

Posts: 6455 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I don't like any AB product but you have to respect their business decision to divert production.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
I volunteer for Red Cross although not at this recent series of disasters. Some churches and other groups will not accept canned water from A/B. Even though there is no alcohol they refuse it on moral/religious basis. It is sad but we always try to make accommodations for their wishes.

I understand it, but it is sad. I would hope there's never been someone that this moral decision impacted in a critical way. No matter the vessel, it seems wrong to me to withhold something as essential as water during a disaster because the packaging could be seen as promoting sin.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The truest humble act of altruism would be to send cans devoid of anything but the word “water” and the recycling symbol, but any port in a storm.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
A-B has been providing canned H2O since the great flood of 1993.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:

I understand it, but it is sad. I would hope there's never been someone that this moral decision impacted in a critical way. No matter the vessel, it seems wrong to me to withhold something as essential as water during a disaster because the packaging could be seen as promoting sin.

Well, according to the head guy of those who refuse to handle the wicked AB water...

Mt 25... 41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. 46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

I'd carry water from a whore house to those in need, and take my chances with God.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's not that difficult. The plants are highly automated and the main ingredient in the production of beer is water.

It's not uncommon for them to do this and it's pointed out if you take the tour at any one of their brewery operations.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:

It's not that difficult. The plants are highly automated and the main ingredient in the production of beer is water.

It's not uncommon for them to do this and it's pointed out if you take the tour at any one of their brewery operations.

Coca-cola could just as easily do the same thing. Oh wait, they do, it's called Dasani.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's a very nice thing for Budweiser to do. Problem is, after going through a hurricane, most people would rather have the beer in the cans than water!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:

Coca-cola could just as easily do the same thing. Oh wait, they do, it's called Dasani.
I thought Dasani was bottled at the local sewage treatment plant. No wonder folks prefer the AB water. Eek

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
That's great that they do that. We had it after Katrina. I see old Butch Browning our LA State Fire Marshal in the first part. I've known him since he was in Brownsfield FD and his daddy was Chief. He's done good over the years.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
The first thought that came to mind was, "How are they going to tell it from the beer?"

Oh man, I'm glad someone was a smartass here as that thought crossed my mind when first reading this thread but I held back posting it. Big Grin hahahahahahaha

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Canned water. I've been trying to find a good source of this for years that doesn't sell it for $24 for 24 cans.

It's a fantastic prepper item, excellent to keep in the car long term, and yet none of the big beverage companies are interested in selling it. Plastic seeps chemicals and plastic water bottles should not be stored in a hot car long term.

I can GUARANTEE that if canned water was sold at Wal-Mart nationwide for $6 per 24 pack, they would sell a ton of it.

All these beverage companies are sitting on a gold mine and they don't even realize it. The beer and soda companies have everything they need to make canned water, and they refuse to. And the crazy thing is, selling canned water would have more profit potential and higher margins for coke/Pepsi bottlers, and they don't even have to add syrup or flavoring to the product.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post