SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prayers please.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayers please. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Got a call from my grandfather today in tears, his wife was just diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer. They are in their their 80s and been stuck in the house for this stupid COVID19 shit, minus checking out the growth. They got word recently it was the worst case scenario. So now they are stuck at home with nothing to do but contemplate what's next. I fear she may not get the care she needs or one of them will get infected going to the DR.

I could barely understand what he was saying and he had to compose himself before continuing. He said she was taking it better than he was. They've been married for 30 years or so. He told me there'd be no Passover dinner this year which is pretty obvious anyways, but just reminded me I can't even go over there and give them a hug right now. I did get to see him this week though. I stood out on his covered porch 10' away and talked with him for a while at least. I could see he was troubled, I thought it was just the coronavirus stuff and being stuck at home.

Please say a prayer for them if you don't mind. Her name is Sandy, and his is Ralph.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for the news, and for the timing. It's truly a terrible time for having any illness that needs ongoing care.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My thoughts are with both of them, I hope for the best for them and for your entire family.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Prayers up, and God be with....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this sig brother, prayers for all concerned...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Prayers said and sent

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Prayers up for you all.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sending good thoughts your way Skins. I went through this with my FIL and this will not be a good time for you or your family. Take care my friend!

Posts: 7551 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Prayers offered.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Prayers for them, and for the family.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and prayers are with Ralph and Sandy this evening.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Will do, Jesse.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers said for all those affected by this terrible news.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sandy and Ralph on the list for tonight's prayer's

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Prayers added...cancer steals so much from us Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, Skins Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Thoughts, hopes, prayers, and everything else, including good vibes, on the way.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for peace and comfort sent for Ralph and Sandy, and you and the rest of your family as well.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post