SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Crow question (awkward)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crow question (awkward) Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted
Kinda unpleasant topic, probably a simple answer I hope.

The wife went down the driveway to get the mail and she runs across a headless crow, no apparent blood. She grew up on a farm and except for chickens had never seen a headless bird, I've never seen one. Crows are known to be smart survivors, hard to believe it wasn't watching it's six. We've got owls, other raptors, probably it? Hopefully not some satanic sign from the odd lady living down the hill.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Perhaps this may shed light on your situation:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...710091974#4710091974

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Thanks, I would never have thought to search for old headless bird threads. Eek

Feeling a little less suspicious about the odd lady down the hill.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Birds of prey like Hawks, Eagles, and Owls can and do decapitate other birds.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17107 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Maybe you could sell it?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Your crow is broken. Right now there are four crows not twenty feet away on my patio. They all have heads.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Lots of carnage going on right now. We have the hawk family up front, Coopers or Sharp Shinned best I can tell. The crows are raiding any nest they can.

I saw the mom or dad red Fox a few times recently. The turkey hens are trying to hatch their eggs.

I read an article once talking about how we’d be overrun with robins if all the eggs hatched to adulthood. I’m a bit protective of any bluebirds I have. It would be nice if most predators went after the cowbirds, starlings, possums & skunks, crows too.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post