SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question For NFA Experts Or LE - Update 10/17 - Federal Warrant?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question For NFA Experts Or LE - Update 10/17 - Federal Warrant? Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
but regular LE doesn’t go out of their way to share everything they know either with the public. There are lots of good reasons for this.

This guy burglarized one of my storage buildings taking a few thousand dollars worth of stuff. I had him and my stuff tracked down within 72 hours and offered all of that information to the police who showed zero interest. 2 months later I finally badgered them enough to get a police report.

Sharing information or not, I handed them a felony case (with willing witnesses) on a silver platter while at the same time he was wanted for other more serious things. I knew where he and my items were. Nobody wanted to do anything about it.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Should I be concerned? Would the ATF or other law enforcement even care?

I can understand about concerns to your property but I don't know why you should get involved with all the ATF speculation. Confused

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
but I don't know why you should get involved with all the ATF speculation

Because I don’t want some drug user, dealer, or other miscreant roaming the streets with these items. It’s not safe for the public or the police.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
If he had a federal warrant, contact the nearest Deputy US Marshal.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I heard through the grapevine that the person I originally posted about is wanted on a federal drug trafficking warrant at this point.

The local police apparently know this, but while working with me on a related matter failed to mention it.

Assuming I know where this guy is, who would I call to let them know?

I would contact the agency that has the warrant, contact information (name & number) and anything else you can get so you can make it easy for whoever would be acting on your info.
Don't assume that any agencies are on the same page or will make any effort to follow up. If you get lucky in that area, you're just lucky. You may have to connect the dots and make it simple or be prepared to be disappointed. Don't ask me how I know this. Smile

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
but I don't know why you should get involved with all the ATF speculation

Because I don’t want some drug user, dealer, or other miscreant roaming the streets with these items. It’s not safe for the public or the police.

Sounds like you have a lot more info than you are letting on to poke your nose in police business.
Hope it works out for you, good luck.

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post