SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any opinions on the Rectec Bullseye?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any opinions on the Rectec Bullseye? Login/Join 
Team Apathy
posted
I don’t do a lot of outdoor cooking and have been using a traditional gas grill for as long as I’ve been cooking. Currently once a week is about average and it is usually steaks, burgers or chicken. I recently tried a pork butt low and slow and it turned out ok.

Workbrecentky bought a Green Mountain Grill and I have used it a couple times and like it. Further, I’ve been feeling the desire to start doing more “low and slow bbq” type things.

So, that being the basis I’m
Now considering a Rectec Bullseye. I only want one outdoor cooking device so whatever I get will replace the gas grill too. No room for both. That fact is why I am leaning towards the Bullseye as it seems to be a hybrid design that can do high heat grilling for steaks but also capable of lower temps for quasi-smoking. Any experience with this unit?

The Camp Chef Woodwind looks great too with the pellet feeder plus the gas searing box, but at $900, it’s not gonna happen.

The last thought I had was a box style gas smoker (since I have 3 propane cylinders)... how do these work? I’m pretty sure you can’t get a good sear on a steak with one of these, right?

Posts: 6363 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post