SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What in the Name of Minnie Pearl is Wrong with Country Music?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What in the Name of Minnie Pearl is Wrong with Country Music? Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The last authentic country song to get widespread radio play (that I know of) was Whiskey Lullaby by Brad Paisley and Allison Krauss. Incredible song and he had to fight to get it approved as a single.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
I don't like that Huckabee has stepped down but in the end it shows him to be a bigger man than Jason Owen and his twisted view on life and his sinful shameful life style.

As far as being or not being country music any more I haven't listened to any of the so called country stations in several years. I listen to Classical with the exception of some bluegrass gospel which I have had for years.
None of my radios even know there is another station than WRR (FM 101.1)--the local Classical station. I was never a fan of "popular" music or C&W, but I have learned over the years to appreciate some of the latter genre. (But not any of the modern style or rockabilly.) Now, "true Western" ("Home On the Range", "Streets of Laredo", etc.) is a genre I have always liked.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post