SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I've got a new grandson.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've got a new grandson. Login/Join 
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted
Perfect timing too. My flights were not United's finest hour but eventually I got to NY. Probably due to their recent bad publicity, they went out of their way to make up for it and put me up in hotels 2 nights, even though I was using my credit card miles amd flying free.

Then I discovered the house there had run out of oil when I went to wash up for bed so I had to wait for a delivery on Monday and get the furnace going.

Luckily the car started and the registration and inspection are still current so I was able to drive down to Reston, VA right afterward and got in just in time to tuck in grandson #1 and hit the sack myself. In the morning my daughter was told the baby was coming the next day, yesterday, and sure enough he did. Seven pounds, fourteen ounces - he's a keeper!

I'm very glad it worked out because there really wasn't a plan B for grandson #1 while the parents are at the hospital and he and I are having a ball together. Mom and Dad come home tomorrow. I flew on a one way so I can hang around as long as they want me too and then head up to NY. I only saw my son for a couple of hours when he picked me up at LaGuardia so we're looking forward to some time together too.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Sounds like a great time as well.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and your family!

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Congrats. And nothing like time with the grandpups.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Congrats! My third grandson (and last grandchild) was born January 6. We have him and his brother tomorrow night while daddy makes sure I get no more of them.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats, and have fun with grandson #1!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your family. A huge blessing.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and the proud mom and dad. Glad everyone is well, grandpa.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
What wonderful news! Congratulations!
It sounds like it all worked out just right- and how lucky they are to have you available to help if they need it- I'm sure grandson#1 will want a little extra time and attention right now, too Wink, while he adjusts to being a big brother.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
Pics!!!!!!! or it didn't happen.
Until then, congrats.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you, sir!!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Congrats, but........

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awww! Congratulations P210. It's nice when a plan comes together. A nice big Hannibal cigar to ya!

Posts: 84 | Location: Donnelsville,OH | Registered: June 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
congrats my friend Smile

you make a good grandpa

you spoil them rotten and then bug out for home Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Hey, Bob, he looks just like you! Big Grin

Congrats, Stan

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
That's a good looking kid, congrats!!!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post