SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lawn Tractors -- Anyone rebuilt a K46 Hydro?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lawn Tractors -- Anyone rebuilt a K46 Hydro? Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted
I've looked into what is involved in rebuilding the hydro on my Deere L130. Doesn't seem too difficult. Any glaring "gotchas" to watch for?

It seems that the most common failures are the pump and motor (piston leaks), and possibly a set of gears.

I will switch to synth oil.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: striker1,

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Bump. I should add that the symptoms are classic (evidently) for the K46. Runs fine until hot, then loses power and "growls". Everything I've read or watched online points to worn out cylinders on the pump and motor, and the fix looks easy. Parts are cheap directly from Tuff Torq.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Growl like War of the Worlds or is it higher pitched? I just had to replace the belt on mine. It slipped when hot but didn't really groan. They really put it together tight back there.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
This is a groan out of the hydro. I'll definitely put a new belt on when I pull the hydro off.

RB

Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
This guy seems to know a bit...

http://www.tractorbynet.com/fo...-guide-pictures.html

Can't recall where I've read was a suitable fluid replacement was full syn 5-50, but I would agree.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post