SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In apreciation of member 12131
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In apreciation of member 12131 Login/Join 
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
FANTASTIC post!!!

The fact that you took the time to publicly express your appreciation and gratitude for such an overwhelming expression of generosity, makes you a first class act.

And THAT, in-turn, is a testament to greatness that is the SigForum community.

On behalf of all of us, thank you "Mr. Q" (aka 12131).

JRC

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Woot! That is a fine looking P228!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
This is the best place with the best people in the whole wide webernet.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish 12131 the best of luck.Hard to find men of this caliber in this day and time.

Posts: 12576 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
I am happy and proud to be a member of this forum.
The depth of knowledge and caring feelings expressed here are not often found in today's me me society.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
There are so many good people on this forum. Congrats again!

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Well said.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
He's generous but I think of him foremost as a human encyclopedia of guns and can unload a boatful of knowledge on just the barest of clues or pics.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Nice! I have a fuller appreciation for the P228 and Q's generosity and a deeper envy.

I've only shot a P228 once. Very nice and better than the P226's I had at the time.

Fine weapon to buy and an almost unbeatable karma.

You've got me beat. I've never even held a P228. As far as 12131 I would think that he very happy from the pleasure he gives members here with his generosity. And I think he's just as generous off the forum. A man everyone would want to know and enjoy friendship with.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
And so say we all!

12131 is simply amazing.

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
No doubt about it 12131 is an amazing person! Not only is he a credit to SIGforum, but a credit to the whole gun community.

Enjoy that P228, she's a beauty. I never loved my old P229 duty gun, but always loved P228s. Now that my old P229 is gone, I find myself wanting a P228 myself. Enjoy!

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post