SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In apreciation of member 12131
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In apreciation of member 12131 Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted
I would very much like to take a moment to say thank you to 12131 "The Oriental Redneck" for his over the top generosity in awarding me a P228 for his Independence Day Karma.
Not only did he ship me an absolutely beautiful example of my most favorite Sig model but two days later I also received a Sig factory case and a brand new Galco Summer Comfort leather holster. I have no words that can express my gratitude for such an amazing gift and the fact that it came at a time in my life when I needed some good news.
Thank you sir and please know that you shall never pay for your dinner or range trip if you find yourself in Colorado.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Pics and range report are required here.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I can concur completely. Q is a great man and American. We are lucky to have the like of him here at the SF.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Pics and range report are required here.

I'm pretty sure this was expressed in the waiver, and outlined on form 549K234-B21, which you would have filled out. In triplicate.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9157 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
That is very awesome indeed!

It's pretty cool how others here can influence you without ever even knowing it themselves.

Cheers`

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Just a quick snapshot.

As for a range report I only had the chance to put 100 rounds through it when I picked it up from my gun club but she's a real sweetheart. The trigger is true to Sig's standard which is amazing and I was able to get some really good groups (for me at least) and I can't wait to get out this weekend and really get to know this gem.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
He is always interesting in his posts, and is an extraordinarily generous man. He clearly loves this forum, and we are very lucky to have him in this great online community. Smile

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's one of the best of the best. Wink

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
12131 AKA Q is top notch with generosity and knowledge.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Another Hooray for 12131 from me!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like Smile

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
His posts are always interesting and on point, as well. He's definitely an asset to the forum!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twistedstang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
He is always interesting in his posts, and is an extraordinarily generous man. He clearly loves this forum, and we are very lucky to have him in this great online community. Smile

Well said. I've never met nor even had a conversation with the man, but look forward to his posts. One of the true great resources this forum has. Thanks for all you do Q!

Posts: 108 | Location: Port Huron MI | Registered: March 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
QAV, one extrodinary individual. We all hope you are well 12131 with the down sizing of some of your X guns. Probably doing that to help a family member too. Gracious dude for a Texan. Be well Q.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Major Dude!!!

Thanks Q.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Nice! I have a fuller appreciation for the P228 and Q's generosity and a deeper envy.

I've only shot a P228 once. Very nice and better than the P226's I had at the time.

Fine weapon to buy and an almost unbeatable karma.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, that was an exceptionally generous gift.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I thoroughly the karmas where he asks questions. He has been very generous to the members here.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Yup, only positive experiences dealing with him here as well.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
...the fact that it came at a time in my life when I needed some good news.

That one phrase right there makes me feel pretty good. Reminds me of that Rolling Stones song.

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you might find
You get what you need

Researching the P220 in late 2008 brought me to this forum.

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post