SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Diet question, particularly eggs
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Diet question, particularly eggs Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
High quality French Vanilla ice cream has roughly 6 egg yolks per quart. So, that is one way to get them. However, given the amount of heavy cream involved, I'm not sure it isn't (at best) a zero sum game of good versus bad cholesterol. That's before you even consider the calories.

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
You mention smell and texture, but to me they're all different. ...
To me they're all the same. Same bad smell, same awful taste. Except raw, that has no smell.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KenS:
High quality French Vanilla ice cream has roughly 6 egg yolks per quart. So, that is one way to get them. However, given the amount of heavy cream involved, I'm not sure it isn't (at best) a zero sum game of good versus bad cholesterol. That's before you even consider the calories.

Ken
Hmm, I think you're a genius! Maybe I can put some meringue on it, too!

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Bacon, gives you good protein and moderate cholesterol, compared to eggs. A recent WSJ article suggests the "low T" thing is just a "fad". Cholesterol levels in food intake are not related to your system cholesterol. Your genes determine how much of intake cholesterol is converted to system cholesterol. For example, I generally run a very low total cholesterol (around 140+), yet I eat many high fat foods. Just my luck. Plain turkey, ham, and other meats will satisfy your cholesterol needs, as well as nuts and some other foods. It is natural as we age to have lower "T" levels. Check out other foods as well, especially dairy products. It is nice to have an excuse to eat premium ice cream, or gelato.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Dude, you hate eggs and you want us to tell you how great eggs are? Why does it matter?

Salmon is great for you and I fucking hate it. If my doc told me I need to up my omega-3 intake, you know what I would do?

I still sure wouldn't eat goddamn salmon, I'll tell you that much.

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KenS:
High quality French Vanilla ice cream has roughly 6 egg yolks per quart. So, that is one way to get them.

Give this dude a medal.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Never had an egg before but absolutely hates them. Ok.

Egg salad sandwich. Delicious.
Deviled eggs. Delicious.
Omelette. Delicious.
Scrambled eggs sandwich. Delicious.
Bacon and egg quiche. Delicious.

Stop psyching yourself out and try the shit. The taste might surprise you.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Never had an egg before but absolutely hates them. Ok.

Egg salad sandwich. Delicious.
Deviled eggs. Delicious.
Omelette. Delicious.
Scrambled eggs sandwich. Delicious.
Bacon and egg quiche. Delicious.

Stop psyching yourself out and try the shit. The taste might surprise you.

EXACTLY, how can someone go this far in life without ever having tried various eggs and the thought of them is gross? I don't get it.

You gotta try tuna salad and egg salad mixed together 50/50 on a sandwich......good stuff.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post