SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SNAKE WARNING: Nope. Nope. Man catches black mamba.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SNAKE WARNING: Nope. Nope. Man catches black mamba. Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
No. No. No.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I76lavqaoh8

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Nope. And Hell Nope. With a double side order of Nope, smothered in Nope sauce.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Given a choice, I would have used a 12 ga.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
F- That. No way. I don't mind snakes. But I'm not crawling around on my hands and knees to drag any poisonous snake out from under the TV.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
This is why God invented napalm.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I came within 10' of one that size in Zimbabwe. My PH whispered to me "Don't move, he'll kill us all."

It still gives me the willies nearly 20 years later.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:

I can't stop laughing!

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
quote:

I can't stop laughing!

LOL

That guy is fool messing with a Black Mamba.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
I came within 10' of one that size in Zimbabwe. My PH whispered to me "Don't move, he'll kill us all."

It still gives me the willies nearly 20 years later.

WOW!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_mamba

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
F- That. No way. I don't mind snakes. But I'm not crawling around on my hands and knees to drag any poisonous snake out from under the TV.

That is my attitude. Live and let live, but I am not grabbing the venomous ones.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
quote:

I can't stop laughing!

LOL

That guy is fool messing with a Black Mamba.

That wasn't the home owner, they said they called in a pro to remove it...but still. Hell to tha no, no, no.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
The video says this guy is a professional who was called in to remove the snake from a home. It's not a random dude finding a snake in his house and removing it. This guy knew what he was doing and what he was dealing with.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
We had one of these professionals in Wilmington. World renowned.

He created the Cape Fear Serpentarium. It had mambas, kraits, cobras, etc., etc., etc. Basically, every poisonous snake that can kill a man, and three or four of each for good measure, all there in a 2 story touristy place for your viewing. It's truly an awesome place. Freaky as hell, and I swore to my sergeant that if I ever went to an alarm there during the night and heard screaming, there was no way in he'll I would go in.

This included the world's largest breeding population of bushmasters in captivity. As a matter of fact, the man was the only known survivor of SEVEN different bushmaster bites. In the world's history. I've spoken to the medics that treated him on his last. Even met the guy a few times.

Know what got him? After all that crazy shit?

His fucking psycho wife shot him in the head. Killed him a couple of months ago. If there ain't a moral in there somewhere...

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
We had one of these professionals in Wilmington. World renowned.

Know what got him? After all that crazy shit?

His fucking psycho wife shot him in the head. Killed him a couple of months ago. If there ain't a moral in there somewhere...

Some snakes don't need venom to be lethal.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Without doubt, one of the few times that discharging a shotgun inside the home is acceptable practice.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Beatrice Kiddo would have scared it.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Now, you should listen to this, 'cause this concerns you. "The amount of venom that can be delivered from a single bite can be gargantuan." You know, I've always liked that word... 'gargantuan'... so rarely have an opportunity to use it in a sentence.

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
so what did he see when he looked under the TV ?

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Anyone watch Snake City? When I first read the post before watching the video, I though it was that guy.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
That's the snake that bit the boy in I Dreamed of Africa. Kim Bassinger warned him

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post