SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wasps!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wasps! Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I use brake cleaner....

Drops them in flight.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
They suck, and I hate them all!!!!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
OP said big blackies.

I suspect he is battling dirt daubers, but on the premise of they are all scary.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12399 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
For yellowjackets, I do the same thing you do. Fill a large, clear glass bowl with hot water, dump it down the hole at about midnight,

Try about a cup or so of diesel fuel down that hole in the evening.... fire optional.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24054 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
We get those paper nest wasps every once in a while. I just hook up my pressure washer and take them out in just a few minutes.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5034 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I don't battle them any longer, just live and let live,

unless I find a nest on the house, then I shoot it with the water hose and knock it down,
I do hate to clean up mud dauber tunnels

yellow jackets are different, they get a small cup of whatever chemical I have nearby and kilt as soon as possible

one thing I have learned,

apparently skunks like yellow jackets
had a nice sized nest in the ground near my garden,
forgot about it that evening, and went back the next morning to see if they were still there,,

nope, apparently some skunks found the next (guessing it was a skunk, I have lots in this area) dug it up and ate it,
as in the entire nest was gone, nice neat hole, just a few dead yellow jackets around it,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
apparently skunks like yellow jackets

They love honey bees too. They can be quite the problem.

Posts: 20074 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post