SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has Anyone Heard from the USS Little Rock Lately?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has Anyone Heard from the USS Little Rock Lately? Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
rumor has it that they are on extended vacation in Canada because they;re stuck in the ice...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Moored in Montreal until March or so, when the St. Lawrence Seaway is clear of ice and they can finish making their way out of the Great Lakes and down to Florida.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
A nice Canadian vacation. Not bad!

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
On a force projection mission to keep the commies from invading.... show the flag. Support important allies in a critical part of the world.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I take it this ship is not the class built in Mobile? Which would make it the Freedom Class?

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I take it this ship is not the class built in Mobile? Which would make it the Freedom Class?

Correct. Freedom-class. Built in Marinette, WI.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
What kind of Canadian vacation is it with no skeeters? I thought those were the Canadian national bird.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USS Little Rock Stuck in Montreal, Ship Might Not Leave Until Spring

I'm gonna guess this affects commercial traffic as well...

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the guns aboard must be causing the Canucks to break out in hives!
Hurry spring!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Think anyone from the Coast Guard has slipped the Secretary of the Navy a note asking: should we fetch her for you?

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
< Lt. Dan voice >

Little Rock is a fine town....

< Lt. Dan voice >

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31428 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Montreal is French. About 67% of the city speaks French as a first language compared to 13% that speak English. This isn't when we think Canada is. I imagine there will be some surprises.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The shipyard launched it so they could get paid. Everyone knew that the chances it would make it out of the Great Lakes before it froze over were pretty slim, so there it sits......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I blame global warming.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post