SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trucking / Transport Gurus Step Inside Please.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trucking / Transport Gurus Step Inside Please. Login/Join 
posted
I have an idea in my mind for use as a transport / delivery vehicle. I want a truck such an Isuzu NPR with a flatbed that has the ability to carry a lightweight forklift such as a Donkey. Donkey makes a lightweight walk-behind Burro, but I would prefer a ride-on.

Does anyone have any experienxe with something like this? I like the maneuverability of the Isuzu, and would also like the ability to load and offload palletized materialwith a bed-mounted forklift.

I don't see any for sale, so I'm assuming it's not feasible...?

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you’re describing a wrecker/tow truck with the tilting bed.

You can certainly get an Isuzu flatbed with a small crane. You’ll see such a thing on a mobil roadside repair rig, especially semi truck mobil repair rigs.

I’ve seen rollbacks with the Isuzu size up to huge chassis.

Many towing companies routinely, every day, move and deliver forklifts, sky lift reach things, etc etc, as well as their main business of autos and trucks.

Example Link:

And here’s an Isuzu in action:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/tXzaIJTQWak

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
How much are you planning on carrying on the truck?

The reason you don't really see anything much hanging on the rear of NPRs or similar trucks is because they are very light in the front.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rather than a titling or dump bed, it has to be a fixed flatbed. The forklift will mount to the bed and ride piggyback. It's common to see with flatbed trucks such as with the International 4300. My idea is a smaller truck with a smaller forklift. Palletized material on the bed will be 4-6 pallets of sod, each weighing ~2100lbs

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
My email address is in my profile. I'm a retired GM Medium Duty and Isuzu Commercial truck partsman.

I can refer you to one of the salesmen I used to work with and he may be able to answer your questions. He is in the Metro Detroit area.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post