SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have an Infinity Q70? Reliability?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have an Infinity Q70? Reliability? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
I’m looking at a 2015 Q70L, AWD that’s loaded out with almost all the premium packages that they offered. We had a J30 years ago and liked it ok, but we’ve had Lexus since. From what I can find, the 3.7l motor has been around a long time. I can’t find an independent Nissan/Infinity mechanic in the DFW area anywhere. I can’t find an Infinity forum online for info either... Any input would help. Thanks!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm a Q50 fan; the Q70 is its bigger brother.
I believe that 3.7 is part of the VQ series of engines -- I can attest to longevity, as I have almost 300k miles on my 3.5-liter VQ.

There are a couple of Infiniti forums out there, though I can't remember names at the moment.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Vthoky, that’s a lotta miles!

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
I had a '05 Nissan Altima with their 3.5L. As vthoky said the 3.7 is the same "family" of motors.

I put 200k miles on mine. I would not hesitate to buy the car you are looking at.

And now, for the rest of the story....

I Would have gotten many more miles had it not been for my bad "style". - Floor it, go fast to 60 and then back off the gas pedal just as fast. My motor had a two-component catalytic converter. the first being in the exhaust manifold, over the years it got dry and cracked. My quick burst of speed and dumping off the gas caused the motor to ingest some of that cracked debris from the Cat Converter, thus scoring the cylinder walls resulting in burning oil which you could then smell / breath in the cabin. Thus off to the red cross it went for a donation/tax deduction. $2k donation not bad for my old worn out friend(car)

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
We had an '03 G35 (very early production) followed by an '07 G35 which we reluctantly sold a couple years ago. Both were bullet proof and a hoot to drive.

I'd buy another of those, or most in their line, without hesitation absent some indication otherwise.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I have owned more cars than most people would believe. I have had over 10 Nissan/Infiniti vehicles, Maxima, I35, G35, G37, Q40, Q50, Q70, 300zx, R34 Skyline GTR, and a Cifero.

All but the last four had a VQ3* engine. Every car was reliable. The VQ is an absolute workhorse and one of the best engines ever designed imho.
The q70 is a fantastic car. It has all the appointments one could wish for, and then some. The q70 that I had, was a v8. Either way, I would not hesitate at buying another Nissan/Infiniti product.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys for the responses, most appreciated.

Happy Easter!

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Q:? Do you need to run premium fuel with those motors?

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Q:? Do you need to run premium fuel with those motors?

Yes, our 2009 G37 has a little over 100k and going strong.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post