SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You pick um, Best tv/movie car of the two
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You pick um, Best tv/movie car of the two Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted

Ohbligatory Video

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuiNza3Rz6U

Question:
Which was the better car, Burts 77 TA or the General Lee, a 69 Charger.

Choices:
General Lee - 69 Charger
Burts 77 Pontiac T/A
Let me tell you why some other car is better
I watch westerns with horses
John Wick

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Charger.

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
Charger.

Yup. I didn't even have to think about it much.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Charger. 77 was a sad year for the Trans-Am.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I voted for the Duke boys, but I’d probably go with Frank Bullitt’s Mustang.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna pick the Trans Am because it had T-Tops.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
So let me put it to you another way.

If you had to choose one to own (just as it was in the movie / show) and drive yourself today...

The POS 01 saved from the junk yard and rebuilt over a weekend by a shade tree mechanic...

or

A brand new '77 TA.

Yea, give me the TA, thank you very much..

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
General Lee -- but ONLY with the Rebel Flag on the roof. Without it, it's just another old, wrecked-a-lot car.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Some other cars are better.

From Gumball Rally: Ferrari Daytona Spider and Shelby Cobra

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, no, no, no...

If you're going to open this up and make it Best Movie Car of All Time, it's this one:

Ferrari 275 GTB/4 NART from the original Thomas Crown Affair, complete with Faye Dunnaway at her hottest:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I voted for the Duke boys, but I’d probably go with Frank Bullitt’s Mustang.

Exactly

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Of the two I'd go with the Charger, but I gotta vote for Kowalski's hopped up Challenger in Vanishing Point.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Expert308,

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I'll take the Mad Max Ford Falcon.

(10-year-old me will always secretly covet Mark Hamill's car from Corvette Summer... Red Face )

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Herby the love bug all the way.

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
I voted 'other'. Elwood Blues will explain:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yil9wlfa0yo

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1899 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since we are doing tv and movies,how about K.I.T.T.? It is the only car that can pick you up and drive for you without hitting another car,unless you want it to.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dodge M4S from The Wraith.

Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds.

--

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Corvette convertibles used in the early 60s TV show "Route 66".
My first exposure to the Corvette. I later owned several.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Of the two I'd go with the Charger, but I gotta vote for Kowalski's hopped up Challenger in Vanishing Point.

Me too. Always loved the Challenger.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
'68 Camaro from Aloha Bobby & Rose

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post