SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
So, I wonder. Suppose you’re BK and you’ve been trashed and scorched by Democrats in this process. What does pay back look like once your confirmed and various cases come before you over the next 25 years that were originated and were part of the Democrat agenda we’ve suffered through? I hope payback is a bitch.
Payback is him being confirmed. The man has far too much character, integrity, and respect for the constitution to play games with his SCOTUS votes.

I firmly expect that Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh will payback the living crud out of the DumboRATS. Not out of spite, but by following the Constitution as it was written, not as they wish it were written. This is a very good thing.

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I think there no longer is an "Average American."

Right wing, left wing, and the middle that is too stupid and lazy to care.
I hope you're wrong.
I like to think of a mass of folks out there who are just doing their jobs and trying to put food on the table for their families and aren't really committed politically but are just trying to do the right thing.

Maybe I'm just stuck in a Frank Capra movie. Smile

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15480 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
quote:
So, I wonder. Suppose you’re BK and you’ve been trashed and scorched by Democrats in this process. What does pay back look like once your confirmed and various cases come before you over the next 25 years that were originated and were part of the Democrat agenda we’ve suffered through? I hope payback is a bitch.
Payback is him being confirmed. The man has far too much character, integrity, and respect for the constitution to play games with his SCOTUS votes.

I firmly expect that Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh will payback the living crud out of the DumboRATS. Not out of spite, but by following the Constitution as it was written, not as they wish it were written. This is a very good thing.

This is my thought as well.
I actually said a prayer for he and his family last night. The comment from his daughter really got to me...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6315 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:
BREAKING: We Have The Votes
Matt Vespa | Sep 27, 2018 10:35 PM

BREAKING: We Have The Votes
With the Senate Judiciary Committee holding a vote at 9:30 A.M. tomorrow, a Senate insider has told Townhall that Kavanaugh has the votes to make it out of committee and the votes to be confirmed on the floor for a seat on the U.S. Supreme Court. Sens. Flake (R-AZ), Collins (R-ME), Murkowski (R-AK), and Manchin (D-WV) are expected to vote in favor of Kavanaugh. All the Republicans are voting yes. Also, in the rumor mill, several Democrats may break ranks and back Kavanaugh. That’s the ball game, folks.

Townhall Article - Insider Says We Have The Votes

Been posted twice last night. Wink

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, I’m at the jail for a few hours working on a DWI report and missed seeing it. Sorry!

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You know how it is. Within moments of anything significant popping up, it will be on SF. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The left is pushing his "angry" testimony as proof of guilt. This is the catch 22 with the left. If he sat there and did nothing his silence would be evidence of guilt. If he fought back his "anger" is evidence of guilt.

Kind of like the Salem witch trials.

"Are you a witch?"

If you answer yes, you are guilty. If you answer no?

"That's exactly what a witch would say. Guilty."

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Of course this won't stop the left's narrative. More proof that it is not about justice but about power. The right needs to start throwing Clinton, Booker, and Ellison back in the lefts face. Hard. Before and after the vote.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I have read, and heard Mitchel advise Judge Kavanaugh during the hearing, that there is no statute of limitations in the jurisdiction where this occurred. Why has no journalist interviewed local law enforcement or prosecutors to see if they intend to investigate? Why are no charges being pursued?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I just heard something I missed earlier:
Kavanaugh mentioned as one of the motives of the Dems "Revenge on the part of the Clintons".

I heard this as well. I thought it was too subtle for the average viewer to pick up. It is, however, an important point.

Everything the dems do these days is motivated by the loss of the chosen one, "It was my turn!" Hil. Beaten handily by a reality show star.

I certainly hope they never re-gain any momentum.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say I appreciate the sig forum analysis as usual. I also appreciate the guys who post video clips; I am in a location where it’s very hard for me to surf the web and browse YouTube or stream off news sites. Brief snippets on this website for some reason always reliably come through.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
I have read, and heard Mitchel advise Judge Kavanaugh during the hearing, that there is no statute of limitations in the jurisdiction where this occurred. Why has no journalist interviewed local law enforcement or prosecutors to see if they intend to investigate? Why are no charges being pursued?

How do you investigate a piece of Swiss cheese? Her story has more holes than can be counted.

There is nothing to base any investigation on other than her vague memory which apparently has been burned to the ground by drugs.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:

Victim needs to make a police report to start the process. Ms. Ford has not done so.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Quite a few people ought to think seriously about taking back some or all of the mean things they have been saying about Graham, and McConnell, too, actually.

I've been on here expressing my appreciation for McConnell several times. I'll always be grateful to him for saving Scalia's seat in the darkest of moments.

I had been doubting not of Kavanaugh's innocence but his ability to earn enough votes as the accusations flying in. No longer as he came in swinging and Graham and Cruz were in the lineup to bring him home. Excellence by any measure! Smile

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
I don't think BK is the kind of a man to hold a grudge. He will render fair rulings. LG is the man of the hour "Thanks".
I loved the "revenge on the part of the Clintons".

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Good'ol Sheila Jackson Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16689 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:

Victim needs to make a police report to start the process. Ms. Ford has not done so.

Could you imagine the conversation if she did go into Montgomery County Sheriff's office to file a complaint? They likely wouldn't even interview him based off of her scant recollection of some unspecified summer night in 1982.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20818 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:

Could you imagine the conversation if she did go into Montgomery County Sheriff's office to file a complaint? They likely wouldn't even interview him based off of her scant recollection of some unspecified summer night in 1982.

Yes, this is what I was getting at with my rhetorical post. As they say in the business, there is no "there" there. Wink

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
quote:

I agree. No one, not Trump, not Kavanaugh, nor any other conservative; wants to see any blacks, women, gays, etc, lose their Constitutional rights. What we do want is for them to finally realize that their rights are no longer any more important than my rights.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post