SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Christine Blasey Ford nominated for Distinguished Alumna award at alma mater

link

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10702 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
On the left that's true, for those that were not convinced of her story, it was said they believed "something" happened to her because saying she wasn't believable would have been suicide by Ford....

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:

link

Great quotes from the comment section of linked article.

"For Sale: Used 1967 Ford. High miles, the transmission squeaks, needs a
new head gasket - (it leaks), headlights are hazy, they'll need a restoration kit. Clock and GPS inoperable, salvage title.
Price is right. Call Dianne, (202) 224-3841."

"Ford gets a worthless award, Kavanaugh gets to be on the Supreme Court for the rest of his life.

Everyone is a winner!" Big Grin

Posts: 2831 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I have been struggling ever since this Blasley Ford woman came on the scene to understand why so many came out to say they found her credible, in the face of what seemed to me so many points of uncertainty, lack of corroboration, etc.

All I can think of is that very many confuse credibility with sympathy. Very different concepts.

I didn't find her credible at all. I truly believe this is another Psych Degree Professional self diagnosing herself. To me her testimony seemed more of a dream newly "remembered" as a memory or an implanted memory. A lot of the other missing aspects/gaps of her "memory" is very consistent and explained as something else other than an actual event. I had one case where the woman had just moved into my town and venue when she reported a a suspect who got in her home and raped her. When I ran her name through the area Police Report system, there were FOUR other reports with four other departments (the four other places she had lived at prior). All four reports described the EXACT SAME incident and suspect. It turned out of course that she was mental and kept having this nightmare where she was raped. None it happened and because she was mental (no mental health court at the time), no charges for filing false police report were ever filed.

Almost all of the sexual assault victims I have interviewed, even the ones who were drunk or drugged (drugged ones didn't remember exactly what happened after being drugged but they remembered everything before and after drug wore off), had extensive memories of the events. They remembered voices, sounds, breathing, body odor, cologne smell, etc. The case of the false report, I referenced above had the exact same gaps and inconsistencies as Ford's story.

Posts: 3925 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
It was unquestionably a play for sympathy. I can't imagine anyone who constantly talks like a little girl making it in academia.

Not even a play for sympathy, as I stated earlier in this thread, it was a calculated plan to discredit Kavanaugh with a shitload of feminist lies. Of course she doesn't talk like that in her real life, nor does she wear eyeglasses like that in real life either. The weeks delay because of her "fear of flying" was most likely when "they" coached and prepped her. It wouldn't surprise me if they built a mock-up hard set of the hearings.

Early last week, I saw a screenshot of a ratemyprofessors.com page of her reviews by students and some of them described her as a "harsh" teacher. Not a meek-mild-mannered professor, the image they tried to fling at us.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16658 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ford gets a worthless award

She can put it with all of her other "Participant" awards.

Or. Wait. I know an even better location...

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

She ought to be in jail... but the left will make Two Door Ford into a bigger martyr than Anita Hill.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24044 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
All I can think of is that very many confuse credibility with sympathy.
That, or they have no idea what the meaning of 'credible' is. Kinda comical actually, because most if not all of the senators on the judiciary committee are not credible individuals themselves, so maybe that's the root cause of their confusion.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
They "believed" her because it was to their advantage to "believe" her.

Simple as that
Do you actually believe the likes of Booker, Harris, Blumenthal, Feinstein, and Harono 'believed' Ford? I don't think they believed a word out of her mouth. But as you noted, it was to their advantage politically to support her lies, and since they are completely devoid of anything approaching character, ethics, or morals, they ran with it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
Then a member brought up her glasses being so big and her eyes magnified. Scared kitten look.

I went back through pictures posted a while back, and sure enough that was it.

What a fraud. I doubt she could even see out of those fucking things.

I was reading there were people theorizing they weren't even real glasses, and if you notice she kept pushing them up on her head as if they were sunglasses.

The whole thing was a big act.

Posts: 33749 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Love this photo of Justice Thomas! Stolen from 911Boss’s post.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8919 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Early last week, I saw a screenshot of a ratemyprofessors.com page of her reviews by students and some of them described her as a "harsh" teacher. Not a meek-mild-mannered professor, the image they tried to fling at us.

I believe that was a different professor, same or similar name.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Well, today, the first official piece of business for the SCOTUS on Kavanaugh's first day (even though the decision was made before his confirmation)

"The U.S. Supreme Court rejected attempts to appeal a lower court decision issued in 2017 striking down Obama-era global warming policies. The lower court’s ruling was written by the newly confirmed Justice Brett Kavanaugh. The justices privately made the decision to not rehear the case before Kavanaugh joined the high court Tuesday, Reuters reported. Kavanaugh was officially sworn in as an associate justice at the White House on Monday night.

Kavanaugh’s 2017 decision for the D.C. Circuit Court struck down Obama administration regulations on hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), a greenhouse gas, because such rules ran afoul of federal law. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) imposed regulations on HFCs in 2015 as part of the U.S.’s plan to fight global warming through the Montreal Protocol. HFCs are a greenhouse gas, but are not ozone-depleting chemicals."

https://dailycaller.com/2018/1...lobal-warming-obama/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16658 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I believe survivors....which is why I believe Justice Thomas and Justice Kavanaugh.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
MSNBC chick pick the wrong lady to mess with.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Love this photo of Justice Thomas! Stolen from 911Boss’s post.

I can envision Justice Thomas and Justice Kavanaugh walking into chambers behind the scenes and giving each other a chest bump and a hug while commenting how the lying, lynching left couldn't take them down. Wink

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Christine Blasey Ford nominated for Distinguished Alumna award

Nominated by a Ho, that’s fitting.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I noticed that also. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12648 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post